I'm back and looking for some friends :)

Options
A little about me? I starting using this site January 1 and lost 15 pounds. I'm 5'6" tall and started at 161 pounds. I don't think I have a ton of weight to lose so I don't really need butt-kicking motivation or super-sweet positive reinforcement for every little thing I log. :wink:

I got a little sick of the monotony of logging and was turned off by the judging and bashing in the forums, so I stopped using the site. I eventually stopped counting calories altogether and let myself take some time off from all of it. Another reason I took the summer off from running was to let my plantar fasciitis heal, but that just sounds like an excuse. :blushing:

Long story short, I gained about (ew) 7 back and am sitting at 153 right now. Pants are getting snug again and I'm done with it. Back to school for the kids, back to working out for me. I've decided to try to give up drinking during the week and be strict about counting my calories again.

I would like to add some friends on this site, but I'm not looking for people who will judge what I eat or how I work out. I don't need to be congratulated for losing 0.2 pounds, but I will be logging it. I don't need the sunshine and rainbows or butt-kicking that some people want or need on this site.

I just want some friendly people to chat with, share recipes, maybe to vent to if I'm having a rough day. If you're in a similar situation as far as only having to lose a little weight, or share a similar attitude - please add me as a friend. I left some of my old blogs up (but beware - I am pretty vulgar and don't hide my opinions in there). :tongue:

So, thanks for the add... sorry I'm such a pain. "I want some friends, but you have to be just like me!" LOL, I guess it's kind of the case, but I'm looking for people in similar situations so we can help each other more. I don't want to feel like I'm competing with someone who's already lost 50 or more pounds. Thanks guys!

P.S. To the peanut gallery who likes to cause trouble: I hope that your parents taught you 'If you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything...' Don't make me give up on this site again :flowerforyou:

Replies

• for_a_mittengrl
    for_a_mittengrl Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me!

No judgement. Just support and motivation! :)
  • niki1889
    Options
    I'm new to the site for about a month and I'm certainly not in for the bashing!!! I do have more weight to lose than you do but I am just taking it one pound at a time. If you want some encouragement, I'm in for that. Good luck! The fact that you came back is half the battle!
  • MsCandyLynn
    Options
    you can add me as well...i really good about giving motivation i just ask for the same in return!!! hope this time works better for you it truly is an awesome site if you find the right group of people!!!
  • Enforcer25
    Enforcer25 Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add, no judgement, just support, just joined a couple of days ago.
  • artvandalay
    Options
    Add me! I"m in the same boat, actually. I had some trouble with PF, think it's under control now, although it never affected my running. It's been hard to exercise this summer with the kids home. Now that the kids are back in school I hope to get back in the swing of things. I actually took some time off from MFP but I am hoping to get back to exercising and watching what I am eating.
  • LifeChanged1209
    Options
    I'm afraid to add you ... LOL. ;) just kidding. Don't give up on MFP.