Fat for too long!

Options
Hi all,
I am 36 years old. I have 2-year-old boy/girl twins. I have been heavy since high school. I am ready to get the weight off so that I can be around for my kids and really play with them. My mother passed away when she was my age, so it is motivating to think that I am just "throwing away" years she did not even get by being overweight. I hope I have the strength. I really do think that I have an addiction of sorts to food, so I have a really tricky mental game to win. Wish me luck!
Kim

Replies

• wendyc122005
    Options
    I am with you! I definitely have an addiction to food. LOVE IT! But I am learning that I can love it in moderation. Using this site to watch all of my intakes. The accountability is great for me. I am trying to be really restrictive for now so that I can kind of "kick my habits". The foods that I really love I am eliminating because once I start eating them I can't help eating them too much. Other things that I like, but shouldn't eat I just get a nibble and move on to the healthy foods. For example, the kids are having fries I eat 1 or 2 while I am making their plates, but don't put any on mine. Or when I made cupcakes for them I didn't frost them until they were eating one. If they aren't frosted I have to think about it before I eat while I am frosting. Or maybe if I simply cant' resist a lick will do me. I guess it makes it easier to teach my body a new way of living if I make some rules.

Good luck!
  • dls06
    dls06 Posts: 6,774 Member
    Options
    That's why were here. Welcome and good luck.