Lunch Ideas

cdubyahyah
cdubyahyah Posts: 2
edited October 1 in Food and Nutrition
Does anyone have any good lunch ideas that are easy and will fill you up? I think lunch-time is my hardest time to eat well. I used to just eat a salad and be fine, but it seems like a salad does not fill me up anymore! Any ideas?

Replies

• nilesbollinger
    nilesbollinger Posts: 80 Member
    I do a peanut butter sandwich and an apple frequently and it fills me up.
  • MelissaL582
    MelissaL582 Posts: 1,422 Member
    Leftover :wink: Most days I'll make a sandwich and have some light chips or apples. Maybe you can do a wrap?
  • idauria
    idauria Posts: 1,037 Member
    Lately I have been drinking protein shakes because I workout in the mornings and it fills me up for several hours. I have been using Jillian Michaels protein powder which only has 100 cals a scoop and it low carb/sugar/fat. I also add 1 tbs peanut butter and almond milk.
  • dls06
    dls06 Posts: 6,774 Member
    Get a low carb, low cal bread. I use Pepperidge farm ligh style. Make a sandwich with a little chicken or tuna and pile on the veggies. I love lettuce, tomato, onion, peppers (hot) and reg. If you add a lot of veggies you feel like you ate something. Spread a little light mayo. Have a small salad on the side. Add some grapes and water with lemon. You'll have enough calories to have an afternoon snack of Wheat thins and laughing cow cheese.
    You could do the same thing with a low carb low fat Wrap. Mission has a good one.
    Add everything before hand to see what your numbers. I always do.
  • pcteck2
    pcteck2 Posts: 184 Member
    My most frequent lunch is one slice of bread or 1 sandwich thin with 2 oz lean ham, chicken, or beef, with spicy mustard, tomato slices, 1 oz cheddar cheese and 3 - 4 oz of baby carrots. About 300 calories depending on the combination. You could also use a tortilla. Sometimes I substitute tuna with a little lite mayo and pickle. This type of lunch holds me for hours. Carrots have become a staple in my diet for crunch instead of chips. Hope this helps.
This discussion has been closed.