2lbs down

Options
Hey everyone! Today is starting my third week using fitness pal. I have lost 2 lbs since I started which is good....but I've been reading how some of you lost a lot the first week or so.

Am I doing something wrong? I'm watching my calories and exercising about 4-5 times per week doing the couch to 5k plan. I'm also eating the majority of my exercise calories ( the rest probably get consumed on the weekend when I go over a little bit).

Any tips or suggestions??

Replies

• mags06
    mags06 Posts: 29
    Options
    Hey everyone! Today is starting my third week using fitness pal. I have lost 2 lbs since I started which is good....but I've been reading how some of you lost a lot the first week or so.

Am I doing something wrong? I'm watching my calories and exercising about 4-5 times per week doing the couch to 5k plan. I'm also eating the majority of my exercise calories ( the rest probably get consumed on the weekend when I go over a little bit).

Any tips or suggestions??
  • Chellekk
    Chellekk Posts: 421 Member
    Options
    Just remember that everyone is different. Not everyone loses a lot of weight the first week or weeks. 2 lbs a week is healthy and just keep it up. The weight will keep coming off.

You're doing great! :flowerforyou:
  • amymeenieminymo
    amymeenieminymo Posts: 2,394 Member
    Options
    You sounds right on track to me, good job! I lost 1 pound a week when I first started, there is absolutely nothing wrong with that. I think when people lose several pounds in one week, it is either water weight, or they have a lot of weight to lose so it tends to melt off when they start eating right and moving more, or it's a combination of both. But I'd say you're doing just fine and keep up the good work!:drinker:
  • mjdaugherty
    Options
    The best thing to do is start with measurements. A couple of years ago I started the South Beach Diet and working out at the same time. Everyone said that when they start South Beach they lose a ton right away. I didn't lose a pound until about the 3rd week. However I lost inches!! Remeber that Muscle weights more than Fat! You may even gain weight if you are building mucsles. Don't give up!! All the sudden that muscle will be burning fat like crazy!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!