faster recovery for sore/tired muscles

Options
2»

Replies

• ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,709 Member
    Options
    I don't know if this would work for you, but try taking Ibuprofen before working out. I read somewhere that it will help prevent the buildup of lactic acid in the muscles. I've done it for about a week now and it seems to help. As I'm sure you already do, stretch after working out.
    Since they are anti-inflamatories, NSAIDS (like ibuprofen) shouldn't be taken before a workout. You need "inflaming" to break the muscle down. If you workout and don't get this, then your workout is being very inefficient. Take them after.
  • jacksonpt
    jacksonpt Posts: 10,413 Member
    Options
    Are you short on potassium? I took supplements and I got rid of the problem.

Shouldnt be, but I'll pay closer attention. Good call, thanks.
  • jacksonpt
    Options
    How often are you working out? Are you sore from weight training or from cardio? While the nutritional factors are most def. important you may need to allow your body more of a chance to recover between workouts.

Muscles are sore from lifting, tired from cardio. Im working out 4-5 days a week, mixing up the cardio and weights as best i can so the same muscles arent hit hard on back-to-back days.
  • jacksonpt
    Options

Good luck in your triathlon! I give you a lot of credit! When is it?

Thanks... its Sept 3.
  • Amysgetnfit
    Options
    Good luck on your triathlon! possible nutrition potassium sources include peanut butter which is not only high in potassium protein an also cauliflower is high in potassium