Pounds coming off daily after plateuing for a month?

Hello everyone,
I'm just really confused. I worked my but off for the last 6 weeks only to have the scale plateu for 4 of them. I lost 5lbs in the first week (water weight) then all inches (so I'm not complaining). I started monitoring my calories with MFP 2 weeks ago and now all of the sudden I'm down 3.5lbs. I'm glad this is happening, but I wonder if I'm eating enough calories (yes, I'm eating my exercise calories). Any thoughts? Thanks!
Cheryl

110836.png
Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Calorie Counter

Replies

• cstang
    cstang Posts: 28
    Hello everyone,
    I'm just really confused. I worked my but off for the last 6 weeks only to have the scale plateu for 4 of them. I lost 5lbs in the first week (water weight) then all inches (so I'm not complaining). I started monitoring my calories with MFP 2 weeks ago and now all of the sudden I'm down 3.5lbs. I'm glad this is happening, but I wonder if I'm eating enough calories (yes, I'm eating my exercise calories). Any thoughts? Thanks!
    Cheryl

110836.png
  • ChubbyBunny
    ChubbyBunny Posts: 3,523 Member
    Well...how many are you eating?
  • cstang
    MFPs got me at 1250/day or 1550 w/ exercise. I usually go over by 100 or 200 a day. So, I'm really confused, maybe this is a fluke?

110836.png
  • DETERMINED2Drop
    DETERMINED2Drop Posts: 285 Member
    Hello and welcome. It seems as though you are eating the right amount of calories and correctly eating your exercise calories! So you aren't plateauing anymore?! Our body is amazing and we can't always figure out why we do or don't lose weight. I've recorded everything I eat, exercise, and then don't lose... but I don't record one week and drop 2 pounds. Our body is miraculous and very unpredictable.

I would tell you to stay positive, keep your head up, and keep recording! : )

You already know that sometimes we lose inches and not pounds... so that's a great idea to record both.

:smile:
  • cstang
    Thank you for your feedback! I do feel better!!!

110836.png