The kind diet

I just ordered this book online and I wanted to know if anyone has lost weight following this plan? Also how hard are the recipes? What are your favorites? Note I still eat meat but I am trying to cut back.

thanks.

Replies

• dayzeerock
    dayzeerock Posts: 918 Member
    This is an amazing book with a TON of great information in it. She also has a community online for people who have read the book and follow the diet where people share recipes, questions, etc. Check it out at www.thekindlife.com !
  • RTricia
    RTricia Posts: 720
    After reading this book, I still have yet to try Umeboshi.
  • MassiveDelta
    MassiveDelta Posts: 3,271 Member
    why are you trying to cut back? Is there something wrong with eating meat?
  • dayzeerock
    dayzeerock Posts: 918 Member
    After reading this book, I still have yet to try Umeboshi.

Mmmm....I love umeboshi!
  • VeganGal84
    VeganGal84 Posts: 938 Member
    This book changed my life. I still haven't tried any of the recipes, so I'm no help there... but I love the diet itself, which is a lot of whole grains, beans, veggies, fruits, and healthy fats. It's how I eat most of the time, and it definately works great for weight loss.
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    How is it different from other vegan diets?
  • CodyRSweet
    CodyRSweet Posts: 9 Member
    I got this book about a year ago and I LOVE it! It has a lot of really good information. I have not tried all the recipes, but I was able to make smarter choices about the food that I am eating. I try to take small steps :) I did not follow any diet plan, but with reading about the way the animals are treated I have been able to have more self control and my body feels great! I did cut out red meat and pork before reading the book, but there were always temptations and now I don't have them at all. I still can't give up turkey, fish and eggs. She has a great list of substitutes that I found helpful. Good luck!
  • pjgjnfl
    pjgjnfl Posts: 45 Member
    I have the book and LOVE it too. I even have it in iBooks so I can refer to it when I'm on the road. I must admit I haven't used a lot of the recipes, but it did / does help me drive my choices. I'm vegan... have been for about 3 years, vegetarian before that. Have never felt better and have never looked back.

Sure did introduce me to my favorite dark leafy green - Kale!!

Happy to engage if you have questions or comments...

OH - and I LOVE Umeboshi too!
  • emma1488
    emma1488 Posts: 175
    I borrowed the book from the library and tried the nachos recipe-YUMMERS!

I wouldn't take on this eating plan as 'weight loss' method. It's a lifestyle change. I'm sure you will lose weight if you followed it, but i think you need to take it on with the mentality that is intended by the author-Being kind to yourself and the world you live in.