im new and nervous

Options
today i decided to join this website because i am nervous my weight loss goals won't happen
i hope you all can help motivate me to stay on tasks
so far my diet is ok all day but once dinner comes i splurge and eat too much
i go to the gym 3 or 4 days a week for an hour, just started about two months
i love working out and wish i had time everyday
any suggestions for me
thanks for reading
cw=239
goal=190

Replies

• Chuck417
    Chuck417 Posts: 36
    Options
    Welcome! I've been here for about 2 weeks and find the site great. You will learn alot about your eating habits when you log everything. I tell you , this has opened my eyes to how much junk we put into our bodies without giving it any thought. Keep logging your meals, search the message boards for the topics of interest and post questions you have. You'll do great.
  • curryinahurry
    curryinahurry Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    Thanks Chuck,

Your goals are close to mine.

I wish you the best!
  • Awesome_Mom
    Options
    Welcome! If any place can help you with weight loss - it's mfp! Don't worry - the network of people that you will meet here will keep you focused and motivated! To keep yourself from "over-indulging" at dinner, try eating more calories during the day. Maybe you won't feel so hungry at dinner time. Also try cooking only enough dinner for yourself - if there isn't any "extras" you can't go back for seconds! Good luck on your journey - I'm sure that you will succeed with mfp!
  • ConnieSG
    ConnieSG Posts: 376
    Options
    Welcome to MFP!! Please be feel free to add me. The more friends the merrier!!
  • curryinahurry
    curryinahurry Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    Thanks Aw Mom, good point about dinner.

The problem is my hubby eats a lot so I am also cooking more than enough for two...

which leaves the door open for overeating..

I will try to stick to NO SECONDS.
  • brittaniej
    Options
    I'm the same when it comes to dinner. Feel free to add me.
  • AmyLou_21
    AmyLou_21 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I'm exactly the same - can't help myself during the evening just seem to want to pile on more food! Also going out to eat is a nightmare! I feel like I want EVERYTHING on the menu and then feel like I MUST eat everything on my plate since I'm paying for it!!! Am new to the site and would love to gain some friends to offer and gain support xxx