Jogging NSV

Options
mike_hill
mike_hill Posts: 61 Member
I just completed my first ever 3 mile jog without stopping to walk!! My legs are a little tired, but I never felt like I lost my breath! Feels pretty good, I have been building up walking and jogging over the past couple months :)

Replies

• CarlydogsMom
    CarlydogsMom Posts: 645 Member
    Options
    That's great! I have started jogging too, I've NEVER been a jogger, and am up to 2.5 miles. I am hoping to get to 3 miles, and you have inspired me to keep at it. Thanks, and great job!
  • h3h8m3
    h3h8m3 Posts: 455 Member
    Options
    It's pretty awesome huh? I hated running, and always made jokes that the only reason to run is if I'm being chased. I don't enjoy running, but I enjoy the satisfaction I get from doing it.

Once you get to 3.1 miles you are now a 5k runner. I've been working on running about the length and just trying to increase my speed, with the occasional longer run thrown in (6 miles tops so far).

Best of luck to you!
  • Mios3
    Mios3 Posts: 530 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! It's a great feeling isn't it?

I started out on the treadmill and did my first real Jog last month. I have tried to do it at least 3 times a week since. I love it, plus it burns a lot of calories too :)
  • tamcrit
    tamcrit Posts: 340 Member
    Options
    Way to go!! Keep it up you guys!! I just started running last year and just completed my 4th half marathon yesterday!! It becomes an addiction...stick with it and you can do it too!! I NEVER EVER thought I would be running half marathons.
  • BobbyDaniel
    BobbyDaniel Posts: 1,460 Member
    Options
    WAY TO GO! Great job!
  • lcnelson
    lcnelson Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    Unbeliveable feeling huh? I started jogging in March at no more than 30 second intervals and now run 6+ miles at a time. Every month or so, I just keep adding another mile or so.
    It's an amazing addiction and I am striving for a half marathon next!

Good Luck!
  • KEShikes
    KEShikes Posts: 110
    Options
    You're going to find it's addictive. You'll feel great and proud of yourself and you'll want to keep that feeling and set new goals. Way to go!
  • mike_hill
    mike_hill Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone :)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!