Pescatarian Diet

Options
Thewatcher_66
Thewatcher_66 Posts: 1,643 Member
I have lost a total of 15 lbs since I started using Myfitnesspal. Since May, I have been on a diet of vegetables and seafood (by definition, I'm a "pescatarian not a vegetarian) and the pounds have started to melt away. I only have about 5 more pounds to go (I'm currently at 185 and I'm 6'1") and it's great to see the light at the end of the tunnel. I can run longer distances now without getting tired and my blood pressure is way down. I'm hoping my doc takes me off the medication.

Replies

• Qarol
    Qarol Posts: 6,171 Member
    Options
    Just don't call them fishies...
  • ashleypietz
    ashleypietz Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!
  • Hfxgal
    Hfxgal Posts: 57
    Options
    that's great! I eat alot of fish as I live on the east coast of Canada, so it's aplenty!
  • bry_all01
    bry_all01 Posts: 3,100 Member
    Options
    I have a friend on my friends list who is also a pescatarian. The first time I heard of that waswhen I met her, so now when I hear it, I think its pretty cool. Or, maybe I just seem to notice it now, because of her. Either way - best of luck to a fellow Houstonian!
  • sunrize_sc
    sunrize_sc Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    Looking good! Congrats!
  • deadstarsunburn
    deadstarsunburn Posts: 1,337 Member
    Options
    Awesome! =] I noticed a change like that when i went from vegetarian to vegan lol it really kind of forces you to rethink what you eat =]
  • Thewatcher_66
    Thewatcher_66 Posts: 1,643 Member
    Options
    Thanks, folks. I'm very tempted to drop the seafood pretty soon as there are far more alternatives for vegetarians now than there were a few decades ago. I can still get sufficient iron and protein without eating the fish. I'll admit, I still love shrimp and crab (since I do live near the Gulf) and it's kind of hard to give that up. Hard to make a "Vegan" Ettoufee' LOL
  • JanieKelley
    JanieKelley Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    My 24 year old daughter has been a pescatarian for over two years now. She lost weight and looks amazing! I, on the other hand, love fish but I cannot live without a good steak now and again. Great Job and good look on getting those last few pounds off!
  • 4jenniferk
    4jenniferk Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    Thanks, folks. I'm very tempted to drop the seafood pretty soon as there are far more alternatives for vegetarians now than there were a few decades ago. I can still get sufficient iron and protein without eating the fish. I'll admit, I still love shrimp and crab (since I do live near the Gulf) and it's kind of hard to give that up. Hard to make a "Vegan" Ettoufee' LOL

I love the ettoufee of the seafood variety! Dirty little river dwellers are the best!!!
  • Fruit4dessert
    Fruit4dessert Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! That's a really healthy diet. Way to go!
  • supertracylynn
    supertracylynn Posts: 1,338 Member
    Options
    I have a friend on my friends list who is also a pescatarian. The first time I heard of that waswhen I met her, so now when I hear it, I think its pretty cool. Or, maybe I just seem to notice it now, because of her. Either way - best of luck to a fellow Houstonian!

Lol! I knew my ears were ringing! I :heart: you!! Wish you'd been here for my shrimp scampi, I must say that I outdid myself by leaps and bounds tonight!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!