Help! Brownies!!!

Options
Had a girls movie night tonight with a pan of dark chocolate brownies as a treat. Ate one brownie that I had already alloted myself in my diary. Very proud of myself for not going for seconds!!!!

Now movie night is over and there are three brownies left in the pan.

I neeeeeeeeeed all the encouragement and strong words I can get to make me throw these delicious brownies in the trash!!!

HELP PLEASE!!!!

Replies

• myfriendamy
    myfriendamy Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    put the pan in the sink, squirt soap on them and run the water into the pan! :)

I'm SO not above getting one out of the trash LOL
  • Sherie13
    Sherie13 Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    Yes! Ruin them somehow! The soap is a great idea. Whenever I go out to eat with one of my girlfriend, she pours salt all over her food when she is done with it. That way she won't continue to pick at it.

Throw them in the trash and take the trash out! You can do it!
  • Tabby1980
    Tabby1980 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Freeze them? That way they're out of site but you don't have to waste them and you can get them out when you've planned for a treat at a later date :) Well done for only eating one earlier.. that's great will power! x
  • tommys
    tommys Posts: 61
    Options
    Figure the calories and if you are willing to burn that many extra each day dig in! :-)

P.S. maybe not what you were looking for LOL!
  • bhb301
    bhb301 Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    Salt them then toss
  • 4vhughes
    4vhughes Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    ....put them in the freezer for a future movie night
  • gentlebreeze2
    gentlebreeze2 Posts: 450 Member
    Options
    When I make brownies... I cut them up into serving size and freeze them individually. If I really want one I have to go out to the garage to get one. I had one today, cause I burnt so many calories. It's not about depriving yourself... its about moderation. I've lost 56 pounds so it must be working.
  • lynxcoco
    lynxcoco Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    A little bit tastes the same as a whole lot...Brownie number two, three, and four will taste the same but make you feel worst bite by bite...TRASH YOUNG LADY RIGHT NOW!!!
  • tommys
    tommys Posts: 61
    Options
    When I make brownies... I cut them up into serving size and freeze them individually. If I really want one I have to go out to the garage to get one. I had one today, cause I burnt so many calories. It's not about depriving yourself... its about moderation. I've lost 56 pounds so it must be working.

Amazing Job on your loss!
  • saralye
    saralye Posts: 10
    Options
    The other night, I bought a piece of chocolate cake at the store. After a few delicious bites, I started panicking, thinking "what am I going to do with all this cake?!!" I put the cake (in box) on the countertop and went to bed, determined to deal with the problem in the morning. The next day I found the empty box on the floor and my very content dog crashed out in the corner. Problem solved! Clearly your solution is to get a dog (a bad dog, or mischevious dog will lkely "help out" even more). =)

Seriously, when I have extra treats lying around, I'll bring them into the office the next morning or to the church. If there's like, one brownie or two cookies left over from a party, sometimes I'll stay up making a whole 'nother batch, so I can bring enough for everyone. It gives me the satisfaction of baking (and a yummy-smelling house) without the guilt of having consumed a whole batch by myself. Let it bake while you clean up from the party, and you'll be too tired afterward to even be tempted to try one of the fresh-baked!
  • Magic_Girl
    Magic_Girl Posts: 158
    Options
    Hey send them my way!!!! lol Just kidding... DESTROY THEM!!!

BROWNIES ARE THE ENEMY!!!! :angry:
  • MandaLen13
    MandaLen13 Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    Freezing is a wonderful idea...but that means they're still in the house....

I dont know.......I just feel like if I keep them then I'll be too tempted to eat one everyday and thats just not good right?
  • lottycat
    lottycat Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    Don't chuck them!! I hate to see food wasted. I agree with the put in the freezer and save for another day plan. Once they're out of sight they'll hopefully be out of mind. x
  • dayzeerock
    dayzeerock Posts: 918 Member
    Options
    Don't waste precious brownies! Freeze them, take them to work, or to a neighbor...but DON'T waste a brownie!
  • javamonster
    javamonster Posts: 272 Member
    Options

This is what I do too, and I've lost the weight I wanted to and more. I never thought I'd be able to show that kind of self-control so I surprised myself! Now it's great when I remember I have brownies in the freezer!
  • lbeasey
    lbeasey Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    Yes! Ruin them somehow! The soap is a great idea. Whenever I go out to eat with one of my girlfriend, she pours salt all over her food when she is done with it. That way she won't continue to pick at it.

Throw them in the trash and take the trash out! You can do it!

What a great idea...salt over food so you don't keep eating. I will often have them bring a togo box out and pack up half of my meal before I eat it.
  • Jackie_Snape80
    Options
    Freezing is a wonderful idea...but that means they're still in the house....

I dont know.......I just feel like if I keep them then I'll be too tempted to eat one everyday and thats just not good right?

Well, there's only three left right? You don't bake them all the time I'm guessing. As long as your day is balanced nutritionally(lots of water, veggies, less sugar from other things) and you keep regular exercise habits it's won't hurt you that badly. But, I think you have more willpower than you think. We all tend to think we're weaker than we truly are...that itself leads to "slipping" at times
  • raedlewis
    raedlewis Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Whenever I go out to eat with one of my girlfriend, she pours salt all over her food when she is done with it. That way she won't continue to pick at it.

I love this idea!! I always catch myself picking at the food after dinner because it's in front of me, even though I'm not hungry.
  • cvaneaton
    cvaneaton Posts: 154
    Options
    freeze them...:smile: or take them to work. People think I am so nice but I am saving myself lol!
  • akaChuck
    akaChuck Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    Put 'em in a baggie and give them to some friends! Even if you don't see your them until tomorrow they are now "reserved" and not for you!