Most Obscure Weight Loss Benefits

Options
Adynata
Adynata Posts: 128 Member
So everyone knows that getting healthier will make your clothes fit better, your energy levels increase, and your wibbly bits less wobbly. But what's the most bizarre thing you've discovered or thought about whilst losing weight? It occurred to me that I'll be saving tiny amounts of money on soap and other body ointments due to there being generally less of me to cover. Also, I won't need to buy such thick tights as the fabric will stretch less and stay darker the smaller my legs get.

How about you?

Replies

• SueInAz
    SueInAz Posts: 6,592 Member
    Options
    I won't have to worry so much about my thighs and butt touching the lady next to me in my season seat at the football game in a few weeks. Unless she's gained weight over the last 9 months, that is....
  • GreenSkinnyJeans
    GreenSkinnyJeans Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    I won't have to constantly buy new pants because my thighs rubbing ruins the fabric on the legs.
  • acknan
    acknan Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    I sweat less in real life now that I sweat more working out.
  • Adynata
    Adynata Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    I won't have to constantly buy new pants because my thighs rubbing ruins the fabric on the legs.

Oh gods this is so true. I really look forward to that day.
  • Marig0ld
    Marig0ld Posts: 671 Member
    Options
    When I sit next to people on the bus, not as much fat spills over. Therefore, i don't feel self-conscious about sitting next to people on the bus. lol
  • mmstgr
    mmstgr Posts: 578 Member
    Options

this^
  • audram420
    audram420 Posts: 838 Member
    Options
    I feel like I'm freaking cold all the time...so I'm wearing more of jackets!
  • scagneti
    scagneti Posts: 707 Member
    Options
    I don't wear out the inside thigh part of my jeans anymore because my legs don't rub together.

Someone beat me to it! Glad I wasn't the only one!
  • lloydrt
    lloydrt Posts: 1,121 Member
    Options
    weird, but my shoes are all too big..........im not kidding, they are all 3 sizes smaller.... All my loafers fall off, lol,but I can keep my tennies , because they have tie strings, but I cant really use my loafers any longer, .......not that Im complaining........Nice post
  • MrsRadder
    MrsRadder Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    SO glad I am not the only one with the jean/thigh issue :)
  • Tisha247
    Tisha247 Posts: 849 Member
    Options
    I like this post. I could wear those really cheap little singlet tops and cheap short shorts, instead of large billowy blouses that cover bulges and to the knees tailored shorts. I'd love to get up in the morning and chuck on shorts and a singlet and not worry about how I look...especially in Australia's hot climate.
  • saadler
    saadler Posts: 116
    Options
    Wider range of clothing stores to shop at!
  • Banks01
    Banks01 Posts: 985 Member
    Options
    I'm not sure it's obscure, but sex is better.
  • mauryr
    mauryr Posts: 385
    Options
    On a related (and surely less popular) note, here are some of the unexpected disadvantages to weight loss I've encountered:

Face is thinner - makes age show up more clearly, as there's less fat to fill in the lines now.
    Loose skin around my middle... getting the beginnings of a "6 pack", but now there's some loose stuff just below my waist-line. As long as I have my shorts on, it's not visible. Kinda makes "leaving the lights on" (if you know what I mean) a double edged sword. I hope that this bit tightens up as time progresses.
    Less inertia during sports - sometimes, bumping into another more "burly" player, it's now I that "bounces off", rather than the contrary, as before.
    Need more haircuts, as "big hair" looks unbalanced against smaller body.
    Now that I'm a men's "small", there seem to be less clothing choices, as it looks to me like manufacturers make more stuff in large and xlarge than small.

Man, am I a downer or what?

Don't get me wrong - I prefer both the downside and upside of being slimmer to the contrary... by a lot. Just want to point out that there are advantages and disadvantages to both.
  • solpwr
    solpwr Posts: 1,039 Member
    Options
    It's way (or should I say weigh) cheaper. My wine/alcohol budget went down, I don't buy as much food. I commuted to work on bicycle for 800 miles this summer, saving me about $200 on fuel costs and probably $50 on vehicle maintenance. It kept me out of the fancy restaurants and bars, saved money there.

Conversations with female strangers also yields better results. And sometimes they initiate the conversations.

And flattery. Gotta love that. Priceless, no?
  • oliviaffion
    Options
    You know when a door is closing in front of you, so you speed up to squeeze through the gap before it shuts? There's a much smaller chance of you getting stuck.
  • Avalonis
    Avalonis Posts: 1,540 Member
    Options
    I was thinking I would spend less on food.

But alas. I do not. In fact, now that I only eat healthy.... I spent WAY more.

Damnitt. Of course, I am trying to build muscle, so I have a 3200cal limit...
  • Articeluvsmemphis
    Articeluvsmemphis Posts: 1,987 Member
    Options

*sigh* I know this all too well. poor inner thigh fabric pieces don't stand a chance, lol
  • mandeiko
    mandeiko Posts: 1,657 Member
    Options

Can't wait for this to hit home!
  • mandeiko
    mandeiko Posts: 1,657 Member
    Options
    weird, but my shoes are all too big..........im not kidding, they are all 3 sizes smaller.... All my loafers fall off, lol,but I can keep my tennies , because they have tie strings, but I cant really use my loafers any longer, .......not that Im complaining........Nice post

My shoes are big too! Idk what that's all about!