Maybe SCHOOL isn't a bad thing?

Options
I'm so impressed with myself right now. I came home from a LONG first day of school and quickly snacked on a Special K Strawberry Bar, took off my makeup, and started working out! I did for 34 mins and burned about 340cals. Although, typically I like to work out for 45mins to an hour, I know now that school has started, I won't be able to work out as long, for I may have many assignments and have to go to work. I'm just glad that I overcame that lazy voice in my head telling me, "Oh, you can work out another time, just relax today." I'm determined that if I continue this regime of coming home and working out right away then going to my studies and/or work, I will be able to continue to lose weight. I was so scared for school to come back around, but now I'm sure it won't be an issue nor an excuse. Also, I'm at about 202/203lbs, which means only a couple more lbs until I'm finally in the 100s again! I haven't been here since last year!! I know I still have a long way to go, but right now, my future is looking amazing and I'm so glad that I've stuck with MFP this time and have a great support system on here!!

Replies

• sbyllek
    sbyllek Posts: 5
    Options
    Great job! Keep it up! :)
  • fatgirlslove
    fatgirlslove Posts: 614 Member
    Options
    Thanks for this! Idk why I'm so nervous to start school again.
  • becalm
    becalm Posts: 31
    Options
    Great job!!

School for me starts on Wednesday, and usually when I come home from a long day I just want to snack on whatever i can! Your post makes me determined to try harder this year and thats a good idea, to come home and work out right away!
  • CaptainMFP
    CaptainMFP Posts: 440 Member
    Options
    Way to go! School can make keeping fit really hard (whether you are a student or employee) so breaking through this barrier is a big deal Go you!
  • Articeluvsmemphis
    Articeluvsmemphis Posts: 1,987 Member
    Options
    aww. great job hun. keep up the good work.
  • Kath712
    Kath712 Posts: 1,263 Member
    Options
    That is great!! You'll be so glad that you make it a habit to get your workout done right away. Make it a part of your routine, and it will become non-negotiable. Good luck on reaching your goals!!
  • Marig0ld
    Marig0ld Posts: 671 Member
    Options
    I am in the same boat as you! I start school next Monday (part-time college; I work full-time). I have absolutely no room in my schedule to make excuses, I gotta keep working out! Just stay consistent and you will do fine, even if your workouts can't be as long. We can do this!
  • angkev2560
    Options
    Great job!!!! I can totally relate to this! I work at a high school and we go back on Aug. 30th....Sooooo not looking forward to it, especially since I like to work out before work and after work......2 times of the day that I am pretty tired. All summer I've let myself wake up naturally, drink my coffee in bed, have my breakfast, and when I'm good and ready, start my workout. In a week from now, however, that will not be the case! But I'm determined to get back into working, and working out! Wish me luck!
    And again, great job to you! I think we all need people to relate to on this site!
  • meliturtlee
    Options
    That's awesome. It's been said, it takes 21days to make or break a habit! Keep it up and I even bet your study habits might improve too with your lifestyle change!! Oh and I'm rooting for you to get to ONEderland :) Good luck

I start school next week so if you can do it, so can I.
  • RoanneRed
    RoanneRed Posts: 429 Member
    Options
    Well done - I've always tried to keep the perspective that the workout is part of my work day so I can't relax/switch off until after it's done.
  • BrightBritt7
    Options
    Great job, I'm also doing the same thing, and I'm possitive that if we both keep up with the hard work and eat right then the weight will come down as well.

Best of luck,
    YS
    BRIGHTBRITT7
  • sarahsmom1
    sarahsmom1 Posts: 1,501 Member
    Options
    I use my 2 long school days for homework and no exercise but like yard work so they are my days off I go to the gym on my short days and weekends