Sugar

Options
My sugar intake for the day is always over my goal. How do I avoid this? All the sugar is coming from the fruits that I'm eating. So is it really not as big a deal as I think it is?

Replies

• spongela
    spongela Posts: 107
    Options
    yeah the same for me as well, i eat a lot of fruit and it tends to bring my sugar in the red, but i think its not so bad if its coming from a natural source like fruit
  • fatgirlslove
    fatgirlslove Posts: 614 Member
    Options
    no, b.c its natural sugar and not the refined crap.
  • Keefypoos
    Keefypoos Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    sugar is sugar, unless you are diabetic its not a big issue
  • annabella_90
    Options
    U should try to eat less fruits. I know that they say that fruits are healthy but is not always the case. They havengood stuff but they are moslty full of sugar! Evenif is natural is not so good for our organism. The only healthy fruits are: avocados, grapefruits, lemons, limes and tometoes. So try to stick to these ones and try to avoid as much as possible bananas, grapes, pears, papayas and mangos. They contain the most sugar. :)
  • JulieSD
    JulieSD Posts: 567
    Options
    I've been making smoothies daily and I have been finding this same issue. My sugar is waaay off track. So I did some 'Googling' and all the sites I saw had the same idea....
    http://www.oodora.com/health-and-food/nutrition/list-of-fruits-low-in-sugar.html
    ...this is the most well laid out site I found. Good luck!
  • dcgonz
    dcgonz Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    I've been making smoothies daily and I have been finding this same issue. My sugar is waaay off track. So I did some 'Googling' and all the sites I saw had the same idea....
    http://www.oodora.com/health-and-food/nutrition/list-of-fruits-low-in-sugar.html
    ...this is the most well laid out site I found. Good luck!

That's a great website. I make one protein shake a day with berries and have greek yogurt with berries. This always puts me over as well so I have been looking at other foods I eat that have the hidden sugars in them and have eliminated those first. I'm not going to stop eating fruit or veggies because they have sugar. There are too many benefits that you gain from them.
    Fruits and vegetables provide many nutrients, including potassium, dietary fiber, folate and vitamins A, E and C. Maintaining a healthy diet rich in fruits and vegetables reduces your risk of stroke, cardiovascular disease, type 2 diabetes and some cancers, including colon, stomach and mouth cancer, according to the USDA. Consuming plenty of potassium-rich foods, such as fruits and vegetables, may reduce your risk of kidney stones and may help prevent bone loss
  • Zeromilediet
    Zeromilediet Posts: 787 Member
    Options
    Even though it's fruit which is healthier than soda or candy, it's still sugar. Not only to MFP, but to your body. You can rationalize all you want, but sadly sugar is sugar :-( For snacks, choose vegetables, jerky, nuts, etc. Just a suggestion.
  • liza27201424
    Options
    agreed
    my sugar is always over
    and i beleive there is no way to avoid it
    because like a lot of ppl said most of it is natural sugar
    and on the packages everything is in grams
    so its not like your heaving spoonfuls of sugar into your system
    i concentrate more on the carbs, because i dont think being over in natural sugar is a big issue