Really Struggling to Stay Motivated!!

I joined recently and for the first 3 days I kept track of my calorie intake but since then I have not kept track or exercised. I have also managed to gain 2lbs. I am way off track and feeling very overwhelmed. I am trying really hard to not focus too much on just how much weight I have to lose, because it gets me down wondering how in the world I am ever going to make it. Raising 3 young children under 3 and trying to keep the house from being a complete disaster area has really got me stressed out. In turn I have been stress eating. Ack!

Replies

• spaingirl2011
    spaingirl2011 Posts: 763 Member
    Start small. Make two changes for a week (drink more water, add one vegetable to your menu, remove one sweet item) and then gradually add more each week. Weight loss isn't a race--you don't have to do everything at once. Try exercising for 30 minutes 3 times a week. Again, choose two things you want to do this week and stick with that.

Hang in there!
  • fatgirlslove
    fatgirlslove Posts: 614 Member
    you can do it...don't give up!
  • MelissaL582
    MelissaL582 Posts: 1,422 Member
    Definitely start small like spaingirl said. I'm stay at home mom young kids, so I know what you mean. I had to make time for myself to workout. While my boys are busy watching a cartoon, playing in their room or napping- I use that time for me. I workout to dvds at home (going to a gym is out of the question right now). I started off working out 3 days a week and eventually made it up to 6 days a week after I loss 20lbs. I am online quite a bit, so logging hasn't been a problem for me and it doesn't take long to add in your food. What you can also do is log in your "tomorrows" diary the night before. This way you can see where you're at and how long you need to workout for. Definitely up your water intake if you haven't been drinking much water. You can do this girl!
  • rnprincess
    rnprincess Posts: 103 Member
    The weight did not come on in a day and will not come off in a day. Just as raising your children is ongoing so is relearning how to eat and incorporating exercise. You started off with a bang, got side tracked-but don't give up. Nothing truly good comes too easy. Allow yourself to have a pitfall or two, but don't them derail you from your goal. Pick one or two changes you can implement such as journaling all your snacks, exercising for 15-30 minutes a day, drinking 8-10 glasses of water etc. You can do this!!
  • Mios3
    Mios3 Posts: 530 Member
    Just like everyone else said, take it one step at a time and add on from there. I also agree that nap time is a great way to get "ME" time.

You CAN do this! Start small, because every journey begins with one step.
  • Thanks you guys! I am definitely feeling more motivated. I even made myself work out a little while ago. I know I can do it :) I just have to remember not to beat myself up if I get behind again.
  • CoraGregoryCPA
    CoraGregoryCPA Posts: 1,087 Member
    My "smartphone" or Android really helps to make sure I track everythign in my diary. If you need a new phone anytime soon, I highly recommend it!