WHAT TO LOG???

Options
:flowerforyou: ok quick question....I just started a full time nursing job at a pediatricians office, its a pretty slow office, not super busy, i sit at lunch only! and thats an hour. 8 hr day, I logged it at 2 hours light cleaning, any other suggestions of how to log this better. PLEASE!!!

Replies

• liberaltendencies
    liberaltendencies Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    I would change your activity level, not log this if it's going to be normal for you. I know that you were up all day, but do you think your heart rate was up high enough to justify a calorie burn?
  • Amo_Angelus
    Amo_Angelus Posts: 604 Member
    Options
    Change your activity level to one that covers how active you are and then don't log it
  • SailingMike
    SailingMike Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    I would change your activity level, not log this if it's going to be normal for you. I know that you were up all day, but do you think your heart rate was up high enough to justify a calorie burn?

You burn calories laying in bed at night. MOVING your body in any manner will burn calories, but you can enhance your calorie burn by skipping down the hall, laughing more (a direct result of skipping), doing knee bends and isometrics throughout the day... etc.
  • hjollyrn
    hjollyrn Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't log it. Set your activity level to lightly active. I work 12 hour shifts as a nurse on a busy hospital unit where walking to the other side of the unit is like walking a city block. I have my activity level set to lightly active. Occasionally, on a real busy day where I feel like I do tons of walking I'll log it. I created an exercise, "work", and log it as 200 calories (for the whole 12 hour shift). It's worked for me.