Ok. Worked my TAIL off today. Need your vote on something..

Options
Banks01
Banks01 Posts: 985 Member
I want a glass or two of wine. Yes or no? Tell me why.

I burned >2000 today.

Replies

• smashleymcgee
    smashleymcgee Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    As long as it fits into your diary I say yes- just in moderation.
  • peacestar84
    Options
    If you have the calories go ahead. No point depriving yourself when this is suppose to be a lifestyle change not a crash diet.
  • methetree
    methetree Posts: 381
    Options
    Yes, assuming you haven't eaten back all your exercise calories at this point, and because you earned it!
  • Saksgirl1
    Saksgirl1 Posts: 248
    Options
    I know the feeling... after the day I had, I could use an entire bottle!
  • jocelynpotter
    Options
    Have the wine. It is Monday. You worked hard today. Red wine is good for your heart. Need more reasons?
  • MandaLen13
    MandaLen13 Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    Enjoy a glass or two...Red is especially good for you. and tasty! :P
  • MrsCon40
    MrsCon40 Posts: 2,351 Member
    Options
    YES. Have two!

Just peeked at your diary... you need A LOT more food, too! So have some cheese with your wine!
  • MaryTuttle
    MaryTuttle Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Red or white?
  • horsepullerlovesme
    horsepullerlovesme Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    y not? everyone has there own opionon on that. i have my malibu and orange juice at the end of the days snack. what a way to end the day. :flowerforyou: go for it moderation.
  • agthorn
    agthorn Posts: 1,844 Member
    Options
    Yes have the wine. But for the love of pete, have some more food too. Even after adding two glasses of wine your net is like negative 800 calories.
  • Qarol
    Qarol Posts: 6,171 Member
    Options
    You'll never hear me turn down wine...
  • rthompson81
    rthompson81 Posts: 305 Member
    Options
    Heck yes, have a glass of wine or three, of course, if you have the calories for it! Sometimes my only motivation to work out is to get the calories to have a glass of wine at the end of the day. :)
  • beach_bum_gurl
    Options
    Yes to the wine~
  • mark03264
    mark03264 Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    Enjoy a glass or two...Red is especially good for you. and tasty! :P
  • mleipe
    mleipe Posts: 54
    Options
    I say go for it, but with one caveat - alcohol can make you hungry and, if you have enough of it, weaken your resolve. So make sure the wine doesn't lead to snacking, etc. as it can often do for me.

Of course, if you're drinking it with the right person and the mood is right, it might lead to something that'll actually burn off some calories...
  • Banks01
    Options
    Yes, assuming you haven't eaten back all your exercise calories at this point, and because you earned it!

I burned 2022 and have eaten 993 (and snacked when I wasn't hungry)

MFP says I have 2399 remaining.
  • agthorn
    agthorn Posts: 1,844 Member
    Options
    I say go for it, but with one caveat - alcohol can make you hungry and, if you have enough of it, weaken your resolve. So make sure the wine doesn't lead to snacking, etc. as it can often do for me.

I think that might be a good thing in this instance, given that right now the OP has enough calories today to drink three bottles of wine. (Note: I am not recommending drinking thee bottles of wine though!)
  • Banks01
    Options
    Red or white?

Red. Pinot Noir
  • Banks01
    Options

Of course, if you're drinking it with the right person and the mood is right, it might lead to something that'll actually burn off some calories...

Hahah. Yes! Oh wait, I can't add more calories if I just lay there though. Right?
  • pope369
    pope369 Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    You may have already made up your mind, but I've included at least two glasses of red wine daily in my diet for the past two months, and I've been losing pounds steadily . . . even when the wine put me over my calorie goal for the day. Enjoy!!!!