How to count Sushi

Options
How would you count those special (larger) rolls, for example one with salmon, tuna, avocado and cucumber? Nothing fried and no spicy mayo kind of stuff. The database is suggesting 60 calories a piece, making an 8-piece roll 480 calories. Is it really that much?

Replies

• SergeantSunshine_reused
    SergeantSunshine_reused Posts: 5,382 Member
    Options
    Sure can be xD Sushi can be high in cals too

surprised me here
  • ohamberx0
    ohamberx0 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    I'd like to know as well... I've been craving sushi!
  • Rikki444
    Rikki444 Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    Well.... yes, it is possible. I log sushi by 'generic name'.... like a CA Roll or Tuna Roll. Some things will be logged at 'best efforts'.... sushi especially.
  • CoraGregoryCPA
    CoraGregoryCPA Posts: 1,087 Member
    Options
    Sushi and Calories in the same sentence is REALLY scarry. One roll we really like is the Tuna spicy roll deep fried. In the MFP, it says 6 pieces (1 roll) is 2000 calories.. I'm not sure that is right.. but it scarred me enough away from eating it anymore.
  • ohamberx0
    ohamberx0 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    Sushi and Calories in the same sentence is REALLY scarry. One roll we really like is the Tuna spicy roll deep fried. In the MFP, it says 6 pieces (1 roll) is 2000 calories.. I'm not sure that is right.. but it scarred me enough away from eating it anymore.

I'm really going to pretend I didn't read this... lol. Cause I love specialty rolls.. fried and with special sauces. Nom nom nom hahaha