Hi I'm New

Kasey42588
Kasey42588 Posts: 74
edited September 19 in Introduce Yourself
Hi there, I'm Kasey and I'm 20 years old. I just signed up here, and decided it's finally time to do something about my unhealthy weight. I've been heavy for over a year now and I'm sick of looking at myself like this. I weigh 176 pounds and my short-term goal is 150. I haven't tried counting calories before, but have done Weight Watchers and gym memberships.

My goal is to work out with my boyfriend at LEAST 3 times per week for 60 minutes, while staying within my 1,200 caloric intake limit.

If you have any suggestions for me, please feel free to leave them.

Replies

• Hi there, I'm Kasey and I'm 20 years old. I just signed up here, and decided it's finally time to do something about my unhealthy weight. I've been heavy for over a year now and I'm sick of looking at myself like this. I weigh 176 pounds and my short-term goal is 150. I haven't tried counting calories before, but have done Weight Watchers and gym memberships.

My goal is to work out with my boyfriend at LEAST 3 times per week for 60 minutes, while staying within my 1,200 caloric intake limit.

If you have any suggestions for me, please feel free to leave them.
  • renae5
    renae5 Posts: 393 Member
    Welcome Kasey and I wish you the best of luck on MFP. I joined just few months ago and I LOVE it. Best advise... use your food diary & be honest, you'll be amazed how being accountable for what you eat will affect your overall weight loss. Just remember YOU CAN DO IT!!!:bigsmile: :bigsmile:
  • iftcheiaf
    iftcheiaf Posts: 960 Member
    Don't forget to eat your exercise calories. This is hard for most newcomers to understand, but the goal orientation is for if you do nothing all day. That's the 1200 calories. But on the days you work out 60 minutes with your boyfriend, make sure to calculate those calories too and eat them. It's a great inspiration for finding some type of exercise every day because it's very hard to eat only 1200 calories a day. Have fun with it though :)
  • Chellekk
    Chellekk Posts: 421 Member
    Portion food out. If you like cereal, read the box, measure out what a portion is and baggy it. Same with crackers and what ever else you have to eat. That way you can get an idea of HOW MUCH of each you can have. You'll get used to it after a while, but this helps. I pre-baggy a lot of foods for snacks and lunches during the week.

Stock up on a few QUICK meals. Soup, frozen meals, any thing quick and of course healthy, so when you're in a hurry or a rush you don't go for a fast food joint.

Good luck and welcome!
This discussion has been closed.