Protein shakes

Options
Hi;

I would like to get info on Protein shakes. I am looking for one that tastes good but is a meal replacement that will also help me to lose weight. Any suggestions?

Thank

Replies

• sandyfeet10
    sandyfeet10 Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    I drink "Whey Factors-French Vanilla". I got it at my local health food store, but you can order it online. It tastes like cake batter!!!!
  • Jerzeeblondie
    Options
    I've heard herbalife shakes are really good and seems like a lot of people here get chocolate shakeology shakes
  • BlessedandBeautifulBrown
    Options
    I so agree with Sandy.. and now they have a Coco Milk by Silk.. yummy i used to mix with mine. and something i threw some cinnanon in there...
  • AZKristi
    AZKristi Posts: 1,801 Member
    Options
    Warning: Watch out for heavy metal contamination in some brands.

Consumer reports tested several brands and found "All drinks in our tests had at least one sample containing one or more of the following contaminants: arsenic, cadmium, lead, and mercury. Those metals can have toxic effects on several organs in the body."

http://www.consumerreports.org/cro/magazine-archive/2010/july/food/protein-drinks/overview/index.htm

Here is the data: http://www.consumerreports.org/cro/magazine-archive/2010/july/food/protein-drinks/whats-in-your-protein-drink/index.htm
  • dclark432
    dclark432 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Body by Vi shakes. Yummy. Email me if you want more info.
  • Vcaser
    Vcaser Posts: 36
    Options
    Right now I'm on Curves protein shakes, they have chocolate and vanilla. I make it with 1% milk because I detest skim. I add a dash of Almond extract and cinnamon to the vanilla, and a couple of drops of Mint extract if I'm having the chocolate! I have one for breakfast every day and it really helps get my day started right.
  • CoraGregoryCPA
    CoraGregoryCPA Posts: 1,087 Member
    Options
    I've tried numerous shakes!! After having gastric bypass we are urged to drink lots of protein shakes. I've tried them all.

Sytha-6 or GOLD is a good protein powder, but I got to the point that the powder makes me gag.

Now, I can easily drink EAS protein ready-to-drink shakes or Muscle Milk (lite) protein shakes. It's not the BEST, but as long as I (1) open, (2) swallow, (3) breath slowly, making sure not to breath in the smell, repeat, then I can get it down easily!

It has to be cold and I have to try not to smell it. Muscle Milk H20 is great too but only 10g protein a bottle.

Ensure protein (25g per bottle) is HORRIBLE.. Don't buy it, even if it is on sale. I did this.. I still have 2 I have to drink.. YUCK!!!! Good Luck, let me know if you have questions. I've tried numerous shakes. I can tell ya the truth about 'em.
  • Ajwilson67
    Options
    we use Amplify that is sold at GNC it has about 20 grams of Protein in one scoop , tastes really good too.......Fills me up in the morning so that i don't eat junk food at work!
  • koosdel
    koosdel Posts: 3,317 Member
    Options
    Body by Vi shakes. Yummy. Email me if you want more info.
    :huh: :huh:
  • CoraGregoryCPA
    CoraGregoryCPA Posts: 1,087 Member
    Options
    I also heard lots of good things about Unjury protein shakes. I have trial packets. I have not tried them yet, because it's a powder. I'm afraid. Some day I will try it. I also heard the one from Wal-mart Body Fortress isn't that bad, but again, it's a powder.. I can't do it right now.
  • curiositycat
    curiositycat Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    I love the Isagenix Isalean ones. I mix them 74% vanilla and 25% chocolate.
  • ricanstace
    Options
    I've been using gaspari nutrition myofusion milk chocolate. I think they taste great.
  • taso42_DELETED
    taso42_DELETED Posts: 3,394 Member
    Options
    might want to take a quick read here - http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/taso42/view/whey-protein-101-120880
    a protein shake isn't going to help you lose weight. (nor will it hinder you).
  • alisajoseph
    alisajoseph Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    WOW
  • alisajoseph
    alisajoseph Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone
  • kmumansky
    kmumansky Posts: 119
    Options
    I've tasted lots and lots of protein powders. The only brand I think tastes good with no weird after taste is Muscle Milk. I get the light version to save on some calories.
  • ambermichon
    ambermichon Posts: 404 Member
    Options
    I drink one for breakfast (because I am not a big eater in the morning) mixed with banana usually and one after I lift heavy weight a couple times a week. They help me reach my protein goal and keep me full and they help to repair/build lean muscle mass. I use EAS found everywhere
  • ShrinkingNinja
    ShrinkingNinja Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    Body Fortress in any flavor is pretty good. Especially the peanut butter chocolate one.

Shakeology by Team Beachbody is good in Chocolate, but expensive unless you routinely spent $4+ on the meal you are replacing.
  • amayzingamanda
    amayzingamanda Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    Most of these replies seem to be (to me at least) straight up protein shakes. The OP mentioned wanting a meal replacement shake...they aren't always the same.... look for one that does say meal replacement on the label
    Though all suggestions are good shakes!

I currently use GNC Lean Shake Meal Replacement when i'm low on calories and want something filling. And I use GNC Amplified Wheybolic protein for after workouts. Both are chocolate. Both are (in my opinion) tasty. I mix them with water though so I don't get the extra calories from milk but its all about what you prefer really. Some stores will have sample packs of their powders so you can try a couple different ones before you buy a whole tub and hate it.

Good luck!
  • ChristinaRamos
    Options
    I drink vi shape nutritonal milkshakes twice a day and lost 54 lbs in 90 days. Its packed with nutrition, really yummy and low calorie!