New & Looking for Pesca/Veggie or Wannabe Friends!

saralye
saralye Posts: 10
edited 3:41PM in Introduce Yourself
Hi everyone,

I've been on here since the beginning of August but have really only just started getting serious about my weight loss in the last week (concides with the bf being out of town . . . hmm?). I'm 30 years old, live in beautiful Northern California with my take-out-addicted boyfriend and our dog and cat, and love to read, play music, bike, and cook.

I used to have a sedentary office job and a 3 hour commute, and have gained, lost, gained back, lost, etc . . . about 50 lbs in that time (I have wearable clothes in sizes 4-16 to prove it!). I've tried just about every diet trend out there: South Beach, Weight Watchers, cleanse, low-fat, low-calorie, you name it. But a recent job change has found me with plenty of time in the evenings for cooking overall healthy meals, exercising, and just being outdoors and enjoying the beautiful place where I live! So now I'm determined to take this weight off and keep it off for good through generally healthy, organic eating and regular physical activity.

I'm looking for friends on here who share my food and fitness goals: eating mostly pesca- or vegetarian, eating organic, local foods, getting out to the gym or just getting in a great outdoor activity 4-6 days a week, & increasing my energy and just overall happiness. I'm sure when the boyfriend gets back from his vacation, the excessive dairy (I can easily consume hundreds of calories a day in milk alone, I've recently realized), take-out, and chicken will come all be back in the fridge to tempt me, so I need to meet some friends to help keep me accountable!

I've been trying to go vegan for a week and so far am feeling incredible, though still getting used to some of the food alternatives! Also, after reading a lot of vegan literature this week, I'm weighing the pros and cons of trying to make this a permanent lifestyle choice.

Friend me if you are a pesca-/vegetarian or vegan (or just a wannabe, like me) so we can share weight loss goals and tricks, fitness ideas, and healthy recipes! :smile:
This discussion has been closed.