New vegetarian here

Options
Hi fellow fitness pals,

I just signed up with this site today. I have failed at many diets over the years but have recently found some success by counting calories and exercising...Who Knew??? LOL. Anyhow, I've lost 20 pounds since May and I'd like to lose 54 more. I'm a vegetarian so I'm used to modifying recipes. I'm interested in weight loss and also eating for health and disease prevention. I try and eat organic locally grown foods whenever possible. Anyhow, I'm very impressed with this site and looking forward to sharing this journey with all of you. :)

Vegetarian218

Replies

• patriot201
    patriot201 Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP!

I have been a member for about a year, but have not been consistent in my use. I am trying to get "back on track" and am trying to use it every day again.

I too am a vegetarian. Are you a vegan, lacto-ovo vegetarian, lacto vegetarian, or ovo vegetarian?
  • msrobinson77
    Options
    Congrats on your success so far. My name is Mandy and I am trying to lose weight but, what is more important to me is to be healthy. I am a full time teacher and work a second job two nights a week to pay off my monster student loans. I'm trying to eat a cleaner diest but it's sooooo easy to fall back on convenience foods (nasty, processed foods!!!) Good luck on your journey! Thanks for adding me:-)
  • msrobinson77
    Options
    BTW I am lacto-ovo. I greatly admire the vegan diet. I tried it for a week and found that there is butter and milk in everything!! I'll give it another go in the future I am sure but, for now, I do consume dairy.
  • vegetarian218
    vegetarian218 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the welcome, Patriot! I have been a lacto-ovo vegetarian for 24 years now. :)
  • vegetarian218
    vegetarian218 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Thanks Mandy! My ultimate goal is to be healthy too. I already feel a huge difference from just getting 20 pounds off but I'm still obese and have a ways to go... I have found lacto ovo to be a relatively easy choice that works for me. I admire people who can be fully vegan. Anyhow, I'm careful to get free range/hormone free/organic eggs, etc. and do what I can. :)
  • patriot201
    patriot201 Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    I'm lacto-ovo as well. I WISH I could be a vegan, but there is no way. I enjoy eggs and dairy way too much and they provide too much of my protein for me to give them up.
  • cdstadt
    cdstadt Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    Hi! Hope everything goes well here.

I'm new (and vegan) and I like the site a LOT so far.