No snacking

Options
Hey guys, So i have been trying to lose some weight for a while now, but i always find it so hard. My problem is that even though I eat a healthy breakfast and lunch I am such a slave to the calorie counter. I know i need to eat a light snack between lunch and dinner, but I'm so nervous about going over calories that I just end up not eating or snacking on something unhealthy. Any ideas on either how to overcome this or what kind of afternoon snacks are good to have?

Replies

• beatlemom
    beatlemom Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    Almonds. My personal preference are the 100 calorie cocoa roast packs by Emerald.
  • SparkleShine
    SparkleShine Posts: 2,001 Member
    Options
    I usually always have 2 snacks. Some ideas are~ string cheese and a pice of fruit, small amount of nuts, greek yogurt , hummus and carrot sticks or bell pepper strips, a tbls. of peanut butter and an apple, cottage cheese

Hope that helps a little
  • megangreen51385
    Options
    I love 100 calorie popcorn packs you can pop up, keeps my hunger pains away
  • Jelleebean
    Jelleebean Posts: 212
    Options
    any veggie.... baby carrots, mini cucumber, sliced bell pepper... this is what i've switched my snack habit over to... sure i still sneak in the odd pack of thinsations... but, to calm the daytime munchies while at work... lots of sliced veggies.... along with a kraft calorie wise salad dressing as a dip... zesty italian... 5 cals a tbsp.... beats a cream cheese dip cal wise, and you still get a flavour for your veggie :)
  • cathdrew2
    cathdrew2 Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    Low fat cheese stick and low-fat crackers, Greek yogurt, or hummus and veggies.
  • ShellyMacchi
    ShellyMacchi Posts: 975 Member
    Options
    plan your meals out the day ahead.
    That way you can plan for snacks as well *S* it's a major 'help' for me (pre-planning)
  • thebunnies
    thebunnies Posts: 168
    Options
    just work the snacks into your calorie goal for the day. have few calories at meals, or make it a point to burn off a certain amount of calories that you can "eat back". snacking helps you not over-eat at your larger meals.. the more "starving" you feel, the more you're going to gobble down at lunch and dinner. snacking helps keep my hunger levels even through the day.
  • lawtechie
    lawtechie Posts: 708 Member
    Options
    Carrots, Celery w/ a little peanut butter. Healthy Choice snack cookie packs (< 200 calories), sugar-free jello. Peanuts, Almonds, or other healthy nut -- keep it in the serving size. Fruits, blueberries, strawberries, watermelon, canteloupe. Pita with hummus. Certain kinds of chips. Some days I just use the snack to enjoy a bit of a food i REALLY want to have. Ice Cream, candy, etc. I try to keep it btwn 100-200 calories.
  • lindsaystory
    lindsaystory Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I usually always have 2 snacks. Some ideas are~ string cheese and a pice of fruit, small amount of nuts, greek yogurt , hummus and carrot sticks or bell pepper strips, a tbls. of peanut butter and an apple, cottage cheese

Hope that helps a little

Mmm those are my kind of snacks
  • taso42_DELETED
    taso42_DELETED Posts: 3,394 Member
    Options
    plan your meals out the day ahead.
    That way you can plan for snacks as well *S* it's a major 'help' for me (pre-planning)

This
  • nomes1974
    Options
    Best snack in the world for those watching carbs ... JERKY ... a 50g packet of Jacks Links Teriyaki Beef Nuggets is only 117 cals, low in fat and high in protein. Can't lose.
  • kristen11joy
    kristen11joy Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    light babybel (50 cal) and about 50 calories worth of crackers -- or an apple.
  • bmw4deb
    bmw4deb Posts: 1,325 Member
    Options
    I like to mix up my snacks and meals, always plan and pack everything the
    day before this is a major part of sticking to your calorie goal !
    I find the sugar free jello with fruit (at walmart 12 in a pack for 3$) is great
    at 25 calories I split up special k multi grain crackers, lays 1/2 calorie baked
    chips, ect into serving size baggies (lower calorie more affordable than 100 calories packs)
    I try and keep these in my glove box, drawer at work, night stand so if and WHEN I get munchies
    there is always something there.
    the philly swirl sugar free popcicles are very good at 14 calories each
  • Bethywethy93
    Options
    Watermelon is a good one.
    It takes more calories to burn digesting it than it actually has, and you can eat almost half of one and still only eat about 200 calories or less. Plus, it's made of mostly just water.
  • _KaylaDanielle
    Options
    Carrots are my absolute favorite snack, they're easy to eat when I'm busy at work. I also sometime have yogurt or a piece of fruit.