Eating at the Gym GRIPE

Options
NiciS72
NiciS72 Posts: 1,043 Member
Tonight I made it to the gym for my water aerobics class and it happened again! Yes, the lifeguard supervisor went out and brought back Wendy's and walk through the pool to his WINDOWED OFFICE and sat their eating it while we worked out. I would say that at least 75% of the time these S*******s do this. This is a place for getting healthy, not to watch the teenagers gorge themselves on empty calories. SERIOUSLY?! Does anyone else have this happen at their gym? I'm wondering if calling the gym manager would even make a difference?

Thanks to listening to my griping!

Replies

• darrcn5
    darrcn5 Posts: 495 Member
    Options
    Are you serious? I can understand the irony here, but that seems kind of silly to get so worked up over what other people are eating. I am assuming they are on their break; they have a right to eat what they want. I don't understand why you feel like you should be able to dictate what they eat. If it bothers you so much, don't watch them eat it!
  • Heather75
    Heather75 Posts: 3,386 Member
    Options
    I think they are allowed to eat whatever they want, just like other people. I know it is annoying, but I doubt they are doing it to upset you. Think of it as a test of willpower.
  • NiciS72
    NiciS72 Posts: 1,043 Member
    Options
    I agree, but they are eating it in the pool area, not a break room. Tonight the supervisor was in the office, but usually they are at the desk eating away in front of people working out. I just find it rude.
  • taso42_DELETED
    taso42_DELETED Posts: 3,394 Member
    Options
    I thought this was going to be about someone leaving crumbs or maybe french fries or grease stains all over a machine.
  • odusgolp
    odusgolp Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
    I eat at my desk every day and would hate to be told I couldn't. Or worse, told what to eat.
  • jrcox520
    jrcox520 Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    I thought it was going to be about gym members eating at the gym. I've been a few times where these people have heated up food they brought from home and are just eating in some chairs by the personal trainers desks, not even in the juice bar area. I can understand a banana or something but the smell really gets to me. Go eat at home. -_-
  • Jenscan
    Jenscan Posts: 694 Member
    Options
    I thought maybe it was about someone eating while working out ON the treadmill.

OP - ignore it.
  • trini14
    trini14 Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    Hmmm..... Not sure what getting the Manager involved would accomplish. Some kids work at the gym because its a job, not because they love working out. I understand your gripe, but complaining about what someone eats that they bought with their own money, on their lunch break, not such a great idea. Just saying.....it's kind of like seeing a doctor smoking outside of the hospital would you ask to speak to the hospital administrator, because you know smoking is unhealthy?

I hope u don't take this post the wrong way, and I guess to answer your question no it doesn't happen or I've never seen it at my gym.
  • janet_pratt
    janet_pratt Posts: 747 Member
    Options
    People go to the gym for many reasons. Not just to get healthy. Otherwise you would not have guys with massive muscles taking steroids who work out there. Some people work out so they can eat whatever they want. Some people hang out there to pick up members of the opposite sex. So they really can't police their employee's eating habits, especially inside a private office, just because some people don't believe in eating fast food. Over the last 6 years I've had to sit and watch family members scarf down cupcakes, hot dogs, birthday cake, and all kinds of other food while I maintained my healthy eating habits. Because you can't tell other people how they should eat. All you can do is set the healthy example.
  • Heather75
    Options
    Maybe they don't have a break room.
  • FearAnLoathing
    FearAnLoathing Posts: 4,852 Member
    Options
    :huh: There seems to be an epedimic of people getting worked up over things that dont really effect them
  • routerguy666
    Options
    I like to sit in AA meetings sipping a martini. Anyone who thinks they can tell me what to do and where to do it can bite my *kitten*.
  • Sasssy69
    Sasssy69 Posts: 547 Member
    Options
    I see your point. I usually exercise on an empty stomach (to avoid cramping), and if someone ate a cheeseburger and fries in front of me while I worked out, I would be totally distracted. And you are right - they probably do have a break room. They should use it. And it is supposed to be a place of fitness. No one is saying they can't eat whatever they want, but most businesses have a rule about employees and break time. I'd call the manager and ask about employee designated eating areas. At least bring it to his/her attention. He/she may not be aware that it is going on. I personally know that if I ran a gym, and my employees were eating garbage in front of people trying to achieve a better life style, I'd be upset.
  • xraychick77
    xraychick77 Posts: 1,775 Member
    Options
    get over yourself.
  • audram420
    audram420 Posts: 838 Member
    Options
    Hmmm..... Not sure what getting the Manager involved would accomplish. Some kids work at the gym because its a job, not because they love working out. I understand your gripe, but complaining about what someone eats that they bought with their own money, on their lunch break, not such a great idea. Just saying.....it's kind of like seeing a doctor smoking outside of the hospital would you ask to speak to the hospital administrator, because you know smoking is unhealthy?

I hope u don't take this post the wrong way, and I guess to answer your question no it doesn't happen or I've never seen it at my gym.

I agree...these are kids and it's their job...their not there to get healthy. And just think when these kids hit their 30's they probably won't be eating Wendy's if they know what's good for them.
    Use this as some motivation that you want to be and stay healthy...don't let it get to you!
  • ohwhataday
    ohwhataday Posts: 1,398 Member
    Options
    I could go for some Wendy's right now.. damn!
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,709 Member
    Options
    Tonight I made it to the gym for my water aerobics class and it happened again! Yes, the lifeguard supervisor went out and brought back Wendy's and walk through the pool to his WINDOWED OFFICE and sat their eating it while we worked out. I would say that at least 75% of the time these S*******s do this. This is a place for getting healthy, not to watch the teenagers gorge themselves on empty calories. SERIOUSLY?! Does anyone else have this happen at their gym? I'm wondering if calling the gym manager would even make a difference?

Thanks to listening to my griping!
    Really? So imposing what people should eat should be mandatory at a gym? Do you realize that many people that work out at a gym eat whatever they want without weight gain issues?
  • FearAnLoathing
    FearAnLoathing Posts: 4,852 Member
    Options
    I need to add this to my list of things to do at the gym,ive already started wearing makeup
  • Panda_Jack
    Panda_Jack Posts: 829 Member
    Options
    Uh.. really? Someone was eating? You don't say...
    I don't believe it... what were they thinking? How dare they eat in their office!
  • Heather75
    Options
    I need to add this to my list of things to do at the gym,ive already started wearing makeup

Wear perfume, too.