Desserts/sweets

Options
How come I always feel that anytime I eat something sweet or that is a dessert, no matter how many calories. Whether its 100 Calorie packs or ice creams that I know are 100 Calories. I always feel like i am cheating on my diet. I end up steering clear of them. but I crave them so bad. Anyone know of good sweets that are healthy too?

Replies

• SergeantSunshine_reused
    SergeantSunshine_reused Posts: 5,382 Member
    Options
    Fruit is pretty sweet ;D
  • SergeantSunshine_reused
    SergeantSunshine_reused Posts: 5,382 Member
    Options
    Fruit is pretty sweet ;D
  • Timeforme714
    Timeforme714 Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    I just tried Vitatop muffins. They are sooo good and healthy. They are in the freezer section. The deep chocolate is like a warm brownie fresh from the oven.
  • liza27201424
    Options
    I love it when people post about sweets because I can really relate to it!
    I beleive there is no problem with having something sweet, you just need to portion it right
    When i started mfp, I knew I wasnt going to give up everything I enjoy eating
    wasnt going to happen!
    I compromise with myself
    Instead of eating a chocolate bar I have little snack bars instead
    etc.
    Eat smaller amounts, and it fufills my craving
  • mkpeck1
    mkpeck1 Posts: 11
    Options
    I have such a sweet tooth. It is tough.
    Lately, I am pushing fruit and being pretty successful so far.
    I get it already cut up (saves me time and no excuses about cutting it up).
    Good luck

10381570.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
  • maryellendancer7
    Options
    When I crave something sweet I usually cut up some bananas, strawberries, and blueberries and sprinkle some splenda on the top of the mixture. It makes it much more sweet and it feels like your eating a dessert...but a healthy dessert. :)
  • danimoon67
    danimoon67 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I usually have something chocolate in the house. I have a bag of dark chocolate chips in the fridge and will portion out some of those when I get a craving. I also have some chocolate pudding cups that hit the spot.

Also, I love whipped cream, adding some light whipped cream to fruit always feels like a decadent treat, but since I usually have much more fruit that whipped cream, it's a healthy choice.

I think the secret is figuring what you can keep in the pantry/fridge as an occasional treat/indulgence and not overindulge, over what is a trigger food and have a hard time controlling portions (for me this would be brownies!)
  • slovag01
    slovag01 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    thats the thing I try and have fruit now. I love fruit and when i have it im like "OMG This is so good why don't I eat this all the time"

Sometimes its just not around or its bad. I guess I have to buy the right amount so it doesn't go bad, but fruit is what I have been leaning towards lately