Natural Chocolate Spread!

Options
sugarbone
sugarbone Posts: 454 Member
While this is still isn't super low cal or low fat, it is made of natural delicious ingredients and is lower in calories and fat, and higher in protein, than nutella! A healthier source of a high energy morning spread :)

2 parts natural peanut butter (I use Pic's Really Good PB from here in NZ)
1 part raw honey (Earthbound Manuka Honey, but anything raw will do
Cocoa powder to taste. For 35 grams of spread I use about 1 gram of cocoa powder.

Nutrtional info obviously varies based on the products you use, so make sure you check, but mine turned out to be:
180 cals
10 grams of fat (low fat pb would be even better)
7 grams of protein

The same serving size of nutella is:
200 cals
12 grams of fat
3 grams of protein

It's a sometimes food but it's delicious!

Replies

• TrishJimenez
    TrishJimenez Posts: 561 Member
    Options
    thanks! that sounds awesome!
  • Oliya
    Oliya Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Thanks for sharing...I'll have to try it...although I'm thinking that nothing beats nutella...:)
  • Elleinnz
    Elleinnz Posts: 1,661 Member
    Options
    I grew up eating peanut butter and honey sammies......the cocoa sounds like a yummy addition.....

I added some cocoa to my oatmeal this morning ....mmmm.
  • sugarbone
    sugarbone Posts: 454 Member
    Options
    Thanks for sharing...I'll have to try it...although I'm thinking that nothing beats nutella...:)

nutella will always have a special place in my heart, lol. my friend melts dark chocolate, mixes nutella into it, and eats it with a spoon! :o darn skinny teenage boys getting away with nutella for dinner
  • juliapurpletoes
    juliapurpletoes Posts: 951 Member
    Options
    hey! THANKS for this idea! Nutella is great of course - but why stay married to something that could be improved upon! I'm trying it in the morning!

:bigsmile:
  • blynnblair
    blynnblair Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    This sounds delicious! Thanks for sharing :)