Too much muscle?

Options
I'm extremely muscular. Like, my thighs rub together and stick out like i do a million weighted squats a day and my calves are the same size as mu husband's despite my being a size 2/4. I found a website that teaches how to lose muscle mass and I'm going to try it out since my arms and belly are pretty tight and small, but my legs are like a linebacker! Anyone else out there have an issue with too much muscle mass? especially women?

Replies

• particleastro
    particleastro Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    No I dont.

But if you want to 'bulk down' keep training the way you are, shift emphasis to higher rep ranges and dont eat to support growth, i.e less.
  • MemphisMarly
    Options
    My upper thighs touch too. I have big calves but small ankles, so they doesn't bother me. I actually like how my muscular legs look on me because they add more curves, which seems to make my figure more interesting. (I wear a size 6, if that helps.)

Maybe it's just a question of perspective. Try thinking about your legs in a different way. I'm sure if you asked around, there are people drooling over your style or wishing they had legs like yours.

I wouldn't recommend trying to lose muscle mass. (Of course you can avoid squat / lunge-type exercises if you don't want to add bulk.) Instead, I'd recommend leg lifts to the side to keep your thighs lean in the middle, or do something like yoga to keep your muscles long and lean.

My .02!
  • xraychick77
    xraychick77 Posts: 1,775 Member
    Options
    oh please.

looking at your pics i highly doubt they are as muscular as you say or think.
  • girl08er
    girl08er Posts: 14
    Options
    i wear clothes that hide how big they are. lots of black and dark with tight fit at the top and a trouser or slight flare leg at the bottom. When I where shorts I look like a stump. And I do have people compliment my legs, but in reality it's much less often than my cleavage, eyes, or lips
  • girl08er
    girl08er Posts: 14
    Options
    for the record, i kind of feel like i do when i get flack from people for saying i weigh almost 140 lbs and when i go out in public with my son just the 2 of us and i get rude comments because they assume i'm an unwed teenage mother. just saying that last comment felt a little harsh or rude to me.
  • MemphisMarly
    Options
    And I do have people compliment my legs, but in reality it's much less often than my cleavage, eyes, or lips
    OK.