My red coat :)

Options
In April I saw a red coat in the sale, they didn't have my size but they did have a size down, so I did the classic 'i'll buy it and fit into one day' buy. I then started regular bootcamp sessions but however didn't really change my eating habits, I did become more toned but the scales didn't really budge (well apart from going up sometimes). I started thinking 'what am I doing wrong? I'm kinda eating healthy and I'm doing regular exercise, why won't my red coat fit?!'

Then...three and a half weeks ago my best friend recommended the mfp app for my phone. It was the best free app I've ever downloaded! It really made me look at what I was eating and I find tracking what I eat really helps as I think about what I'm putting in my mouth haha.

I tried my red coat on this morning and suffice to say I'm wearing it right now! Buttoned up and everything :).

Replies

• Tivo8MyNeighbors
    Tivo8MyNeighbors Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    How wonderful! I know you'll look amazing in it! Congratulations on reaching such a cute, wearable goal :)
  • tweez8976
    tweez8976 Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    Great job!!!
  • amaodonnell
    amaodonnell Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    Awesome!! I can't wait to have one of these NSV happen!!
  • ashanti1982
    Options
    Thanks guys, I may never take this coat off now :)))
  • SparkleShine
    SparkleShine Posts: 2,001 Member
    Options
    WTG girlie! That's awesome!
  • ashanti1982
    Options
  • ZeroEchoTwo
    Options
    So proud of you, that's amazing honey! I can't wait to see you in it! :) xxx
  • Spedden
    Spedden Posts: 207
    Options
    Fantastic! What a great NSV! Congratulations to you for focusing on healthy eating and good exercise habits at such a young age--you'll always be happy you've done this.
  • JigglyPig
    JigglyPig Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    Cute story! (:

Congratulations!! Keep up the good work!
  • ashanti1982
    Options
    Aw...thanks :)
  • rubyrenga
    rubyrenga Posts: 402 Member
    Options
    That's fantastic! Congrats!
  • webdiva1
    webdiva1 Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    FABULOUS success story. Good for you! :)
  • CharlieBarleyMom
    CharlieBarleyMom Posts: 727 Member
    Options
    That's fantastic for you! The best part is that you did that in just 3 weeks... imagine what the future holds in store for you here! Good luck on your continued journey!
  • cchristman12
    cchristman12 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    This is a good inspiration for me. I too have a red pee coat that I can't fit into. My hubby got it for me for Christmas a couple years ago.
    I forget how I found the mfp ap, but I love it as well. I've been getting on here every day since I found it for my phone!
  • tiaydew
    tiaydew Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    I loved your story! All your hard work paid off! Where is the picture of you in your red coat? :)
  • LadyoftheDisc
    LadyoftheDisc Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    Yay!! That's always such a great feeling. You must post a pic of this infamous red coat now!!! Inquiring minds need to know/see ;)
  • minbee
    minbee Posts: 3
    Options
    Similarly I'm looking forward to wearing my favourite black skinnies without the handfuls of wobbly matter sneaking out over the waistband. Oh, and being able to bend my knees in them again would be great too!

Well done!
  • ashanti1982
    Options
    Yay!! That's always such a great feeling. You must post a pic of this infamous red coat now!!! Inquiring minds need to know/see ;)
    [/quote

Thanks everyone, I am well shy but I will try and get a pic of myself in the red coat hehe! When you have a NSV it really do egg you on to keep going :)
  • ashanti1982
    Options
    Er...not sure why my wording came into the quote part, sorry!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!