How to lose a couple of pounds for a special event?

Options
Hello, i know i have left it late but i have a good friend coming down this weekend (friday) and i was at least 5lbs lighter last time she saw me and i felt great. I was wondering whether any of you had a diet or tips that i could follow to drop a couple of pounds before Friday? I know that whatever i lose fast will come back on again once i eat sensibly but i really want to drop a couple so i feel better than i do now.
xxx

Replies

• Emma1903
    Emma1903 Posts: 195
    Options
    Cut carbs to below 50g. Cut out grains completely, just get carbs from veg and max of 3 servings of fruit. Berries are best.
  • JoelleMonique
    Options
    Drink loads of water too
  • SergeantSunshine_reused
    SergeantSunshine_reused Posts: 5,382 Member
    Options
    Cut carbs to below 50g. Cut out grains completely, just get carbs from veg and max of 3 servings of fruit. Berries are best.

Yup this will cause you to lose "weight" mostly water. Not fat. Good luck
  • FatDadSlim
    FatDadSlim Posts: 497 Member
    Options
    as above plus loads of cardio.
  • lulabellarama
    lulabellarama Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    It's far too late to do anything that will be noticable
  • cherdan
    cherdan Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    Lots of water with lemon juice.. really helps clean you out.

Cut out the salt to reduce water retention.

Eggs contain lecithin, a fat burner, filling and full of protein for not a lot of calories.

Don't drink!
  • Carol_27
    Carol_27 Posts: 40
    Options
    the best you can do now is lose close to that in water weight, agree with all posts + TONS of water and cardio + NO SUGAR and do like at least an hour and half maybe 2hrs from today thru to Friday and squeeze in a workout on friday too..good luck.
  • aimeetu
    aimeetu Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    Even just attempting to do all this will make you FEEL better about yourself. That will help alot!! Don't go too crazy - you don't want to pass out the minute she gets there :-)
  • KEShikes
    KEShikes Posts: 110
    Options
    It's a bad idea to try to drop weight fast! It won't be real weight, as others have pointed out. Better to use this as a motivator to get back in a routine.
  • Diamonds_R4_Ever
    Options
    If you have a spa near you that does Mineral Body Wraps, they are good to lose quick inches. I have done it and I work in a military environment where both men and women use it when it's time for them to get their measurements. Also there is a "Sudatonic" wrap that is excellent for quick weight drop. I've done that one as well.

It's not too late, cut the carbs and sugar to a minimum, stay flushed and get that exercise in.

Good Luck!
    7940140.png[/url]
  • BeautyFromPain
    BeautyFromPain Posts: 4,952 Member
    Options
    If you have a spa near you that does Mineral Body Wraps, they are good to lose quick inches. I have done it and I work in a military environment where both men and women use it when it's time for them to get their measurements. Also there is a "Sudatonic" wrap that is excellent for quick weight drop. I've done that one as well.

It's not too late, cut the carbs and sugar to a minimum, stay flushed and get that exercise in.

Good Luck!
    7940140.png[/url]

What is a mineral body wrap?? :S
  • mmstgr
    mmstgr Posts: 578 Member
    Options
    Do you truly think your friend will notice a 5lb difference in you?
    I'm not trying to be negative.
    Just thinking maybe you shouldn't worry too much ;)
  • Gembo82
    Gembo82 Posts: 29
    Options
    Thankyou all for your tips will give them a try, i am already trying to drink more water and just had hard boiled eggs for lunch and i am trying to cut down my carbs and sugar, i am doing Jillian michaels 30 day shred (today will be day 4) i do leave things to the last minute, i also will go on my stationary bike later i hope losing a couple of pounds will make me feel better when my friend visits and also spur me on to really lose the weight and keep it off this time.
    MMSTGR - I think if my friend did notice she would be to polite to say anything but she is super slim and i am short so any lbs really show up, also she noticed last time i had lost weight we only see each other 3-4 times a year and when you don't see each other often you can notice these things.
    Thankyou for all the replys i do know it will be water weight should i lose anything but i am keen to see the scales drop so it would still make me feel better :)
    xxx