S.B.F. Challenge. . . December 16th

Options
Hi ladies. . .sounds like another imaginary spa holiday is needed.

I told my husband yesterday that when the strike is over, I want to go to some sort of monastery or ashram. . .someplace very, very quiet. I saw on a TV show once this woman who went to a spiritual retreat. . .and her room was a little house in the desert. That's where I want to go.

Still not working out past walking to and from the subway. I didn't manage to leave in time to get to my bikram class yesterday. I'm realizing how much I depend on exercise endorphins to stay positive, I'll tell you that. Also, I'm just keeping my portions reasonable as I'm eating whatever the office orders and grease and sodium have become my main food groups.:tongue:

I can't wait for the gratitude rush when I'm able to get back to teaching after all this mess. . .

Today is walking to and from the subway (about forty minutes total) with my backpack on. (heavy due to laptop toting. . .)

Take care of yourselves during the stressful times. . .:flowerforyou:

Replies

• lotusfromthemud
    lotusfromthemud Posts: 5,335 Member
    Options
    Hi ladies. . .sounds like another imaginary spa holiday is needed.

I told my husband yesterday that when the strike is over, I want to go to some sort of monastery or ashram. . .someplace very, very quiet. I saw on a TV show once this woman who went to a spiritual retreat. . .and her room was a little house in the desert. That's where I want to go.

Still not working out past walking to and from the subway. I didn't manage to leave in time to get to my bikram class yesterday. I'm realizing how much I depend on exercise endorphins to stay positive, I'll tell you that. Also, I'm just keeping my portions reasonable as I'm eating whatever the office orders and grease and sodium have become my main food groups.:tongue:

I can't wait for the gratitude rush when I'm able to get back to teaching after all this mess. . .

Today is walking to and from the subway (about forty minutes total) with my backpack on. (heavy due to laptop toting. . .)

Take care of yourselves during the stressful times. . .:flowerforyou:
  • Renae_Nae
    Renae_Nae Posts: 935 Member
    Options
    Good morning!

I feel great today (maybe cause I actually exercised yesterday :laugh: ) but it is snowing today!!!! I already cleared off all the snow on my husband's car since he was running late...I don't think I'm going to go outside for the rest of the day! So I'm going to clean house and break out a billy blanks dvd! If I'm feeling really good I might go shovel some snow so I can get my Jeep in the garage and clean it out too!

Well...I'm off to grab breakfast and start moving! V - I hope the strike ends soon! I agree with needing a spa day after all of that. :flowerforyou:
  • Bobbie145
    Bobbie145 Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    Good luck to you both! I got my exercise in this morning. Fortunately, I don't have to contend with snow and ice and cold to do it!

My goal is to try not to get overly stressed when my children nag me about Christmas and presents that they will be getting. They are only 7 and 9, and I have to realize that they are excited. I need to try and get into the spirit with them. They will be grown before I know it, so I really need to enjoy this time. We are going to a Christmas program on Saturday afternoon, so maybe that will help get me into the spirit.

Hope everyone has a good day. Stay warm and dry!:heart:

Bobbie
  • mechanicmom
    mechanicmom Posts: 5,695 Member
    Options
    Spa day! I want a spa day! :happy:
    I do get a bit of a break today. A friend is coming to get Alex for part of the day! I've already had to do more than I wanted today. I poured myself a 32 oz cup of water and when I turned around my cat drank out of it. I love my cat but I am not drinking out of the same cup! So I got some more and my son bumped it and knocked it over. We get our water in the 5 gallon jugs and we don't have much left. I hope it's enough to last me till dh can get some more tonight.
    The only things I plan to do today is take a quick shower and get lunch. Other than that the couch is my buddy today. How many calories does cross stitching burn? :laugh:
    MM
  • yoginimary
    yoginimary Posts: 6,783 Member
    Options
    A strike and bed rest - you guys deserve the spa day. :flowerforyou:

Yesterday, I went to yoga and walked. Today, I'm off to the gym - hopefully twice, but at least this morning - for some elliptical and walk/jog. The scale is inching up by the ounces, so I think I need to keep the workouts up to maintain. I'm not someone that fluctuates a lot. I still want to lose about 10-14 more lbs, but I'm not in a hurry - and I think working on maintaining is important right now. (If I can't maintain now, I won't be able to maintain if I lose more weight) I think I need to do weights as well. Maybe I'll work that in tonight - anything is better than nothing, right?
  • Renae_Nae
    Options
    I forgot how much of a workout shoveling snow is! Thankfully I'm done with that and cleaning out the Jeep so now all I have left is inside work!
  • Vanessa414
    Options
    I'm back

I fell off the wagon this weekend. It wasn't too bad, but I didn't exercise on Friday or Sunday...

.. But I did do like 5 hours worth of hardcore cleaning on Saturday.

Weigh in today and I'm at 208, down 1 lb, which i know would be more if I hadn't goofed up this weekend. Oh well!!!

At least i'm back. Though I don't know about working out this week. I have finals and I'm about 2 weeks behind in school as well so I have alot of work to do before Thursday. :grumble:

So I guess instead of overwhelming myself I'm just going to stay within calories and not exercise this week. The next few weeks will be nice since I won't have school. :drinker:

Alright, anyway, hope everyone is doing well!
  • Renae_Nae
    Options
    I'm so proud of myself!!!!

Instead of logging in all my foods before hand I decided today to just write them down and go by my "feelings" instead of MFP counting it for me! I came in with 48 calories left after dinner! I feel like I just accomplished climbing Mt. Everest :laugh: Well, off to finish up cleaning and start packing for our trip!