Losing Slowly

Options
philsy1
philsy1 Posts: 104 Member
Hi, I'm Phil. As a 58 year old male, I'm probably not a typical member here. I've been on for a few weeks at the suggestion of my daughter. I actuallly lost about 9 - 10 lbs before I arrived here, so I started my weight quest at 227 and my goal is 187, even though I haven't been under 200 for about 15 years. My CW is 216. I've been on several diets in my life, losing about 30 lbs on average. However, I've obviously done a bad job of maintaing weight losses, so that is my emphasis this time around. I'm hoping that a slower weight loss will blend with extended weight maintenance. I'm a prety good calorie counter, so this site is a good match for me. I'd like to hear from anyone out there, especially if they're in the "no longer young" category.

Replies

• kasmir8199
    kasmir8199 Posts: 507 Member
    Options
    Welcome aboard, Phil! Here's hoping you find fitness success with the help of MFP and it's wonderful members!
    Fitness is the fountain of youth, you now! You most certainly are NOT old. :)
  • dls06
    dls06 Posts: 6,774 Member
    Options
    I have been maintaining for about 7 months and logging has helped me stay within my goals.
    Good luck and remember, if you want to keep it off, you need to do it forever.
  • russelljclarke
    russelljclarke Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    That's me! I'm in my fifties, about your weight, and male. Height seems to be a factor in most BMI calculations too (I'm 6'.) Was over 200lbs for maybe 12 years, maxing at 215, now down to 181 in only 12 weeks. Any way I can help, just ask.
  • philsy1
    philsy1 Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    Do it forever? That's what I was afraid of, lol. At least I'll have time for weight maintenance now that I've retired. Thanks for your response.