? for Fitness_Chick :)

Options
2»

Replies

• CALIECAT
    CALIECAT Posts: 12,530 Member
    Options
    What a way to go Fittness Chick.:heart::drinker: :heart: :drinker: :heart: :drinker: Love you
    Marie
  • Fitness_Chick
    Fitness_Chick Posts: 6,648 Member
    Options
    Fitness Chick, Your such an inspiration! I wish I had the stamina you have had in this!!!

Regarding the water though,

I was told by my doctor that drinking too much water could eventually poison your system. I am a huge water freak and I drink almost 100 oz a day. I am 6'1 and weighed about 300 at the time and he told me that I was killing myself with all that water.

I would suggest consulting with your doctors before drinking so much water.
    I have a great Nutritionist/Dietician and awesome docs...I've never had any of them tell me I drink to much water...I think it will make a HUGE difference in a person's weight...what I mean by that is...the more you're overweight the more you need to drink...and the less you weigh of course you'd need less.

Just as a more overweight person needs extra cals (healthy ones of course) than a smaller person would. We're carrying extra weight so in essence I've been a weighlifter for the whole time I was carrying the extra...augh....can't believe how great it feels to be able to now run up my 3 flights of stairs with my arms full even when it was tough to even think about walking up them not the very long ago..

Thanks for the water concern...I've heard a few times, and heard much more often that most folks just plain DON'T get enough water in each day. Most especially those in physical jobs or excercising, :drinker: :heart: :drinker:

But of course the best thing for anyone concerned to do would be do the research and speak to your doctor...as long as they realize how active you are....then they will have that to base it on...if someone was inactive and drank all the water that we as excercisers drink..well, they probably would be taking in a bit to much and peeing most of the day. :blushing: :bigsmile: :noway:
  • Fitness_Chick
    Options
    Half my body weight?! I already have to pee every 5 minutes!!! :laugh:
    A person's body gets used to it... I don't have to pee that often anymore... actually it's not really bad at all except when I down a full bottle and then shortly after I might....

But have faith our body adjusts quite well. :drinker:
  • Fitness_Chick
    Options
    I have heard of water poisoning...but I was under the impression that it only was an issue IF you drink all that (like 100 ozs) ALL IN ONE SITTING. Spread out throughout the day, I cant possibly see how it would be poisoning your system???:noway:

BTW-Way to go Fitness_Chick on your great loss!!!:drinker: :drinker:

~Roni
    Thanks Noni:flowerforyou: Regarding the water...that's what I've heard to if you drink it too fast all in one sitting...like when they do silly contest to see how fast someone can chug it.:noway:
  • age1389
    age1389 Posts: 1,160 Member
    Options
    Wow nice loss Fitness:flowerforyou:

-Adrienne:heart:
  • Fitness_Chick
    Options
    Wow nice loss Fitness:flowerforyou:

-Adrienne:heart:

Thanks Adrienne:flowerforyou: :happy:
  • Fitness_Chick
    Options
    I took a weight training class in college (for my PE requirement), and the one thing he told us that has stuck with me almost 10 years later....the first thing you should do every morning is drink a glass of water! :drinker:
    I've heard that said as well.... many time when we think we are hungry our body is actually thirsty but we feed it instead out of habit...

I think as a whole most people don't drink enough water...but I do think that you can throw the electolytes(sp! bah!) off ...but I dont' think that a common deal for most folks..... but probably good to ask a professional if you have any concerns...

As I'm just sharing what has worked for me... if things get slippery in my journey....I always grab back my water first and it seems to help me get back on track and lined up with everything else. Suppose we all have our little ways!:bigsmile:
  • nwfamilygal
    Options
    Great job :flowerforyou:
  • Fitness_Chick
    Options
    Great job :flowerforyou: