1 day Water Challenge

Options

Replies

• msnewbootie
    msnewbootie Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    I would like to do it! Say I weigh 210.. I am not sure if this is accurate. Last I checked I was 204.. Im assuming I gained some weight since then. Would I have to drink 105 oz??

Yup. Thanks for joining
  • msnewbootie
    Options

Wow! That is pretty scary! It doesn't tell you how much is too much though..

Not sure what the link says, but trust we are no where near water intoxification...which is like 500 oz!!!

Oh good! lol.. Well then, I am definitely going to do this starting today! I know that especially in the beginning of a "diet" you can lose ALOT in 2 weeks from drinking lots of water. I lost 10 lbs once in a week just by drinking nothing but water. Its AMAZING. ( I did eat lol, just within my 1200 cals a day)

Awesome results. But question, did it stay off for long???
  • bebeb
    bebeb Posts: 1
    Options
    How on earth can you drink so much and not live in the bathroom! I have to sit in 3 hour lectures and can not go running to potty every 30 minutes.
  • Elle_Jamaicangirl81
    Elle_Jamaicangirl81 Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    i do this everyday... yaay me! (nah, not showing off.. i love water!)

Good luck on your challenge today guys! Stay near the bathroom...

OMG! I swear I HATE the bathroom now haha. Yesterday I was in it every Half hour! My mom says that eventually I wont go as much because my body will get use to it. I sure hope this is true!

Your body isn't gonna get used to all that water... it has to come out and if you're not sweating, then the bathroom is the next best thing. I've always drank a lot of water, and i've always had to go often. I go every half hour sometimes... i dont love that, but hey, all that water is good times.
  • slimothy89
    Options
    Water Goal: I will drink half my weight today! I won't post the amount, but let's just say I have to drink +/- 100oz. Join me in this 1 day challenge!
    :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker:

And listen, please don't talk the water intoxication mumble jumble...this is a one day challenge and we r in NO way approaching those limits!!! :huh:

haha...i am on
  • msnewbootie
    Options

GReat for u. I am successful with it about 2-3 days a week. I have noticed that I lose more pounds when I drink more water!!!
  • Elle_Jamaicangirl81
    Elle_Jamaicangirl81 Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    How on earth can you drink so much and not live in the bathroom! I have to sit in 3 hour lectures and can not go running to potty every 30 minutes.

mm, drinking all that water might not be good for u... :-/ Or do it later on when u dont have lectures?
  • msnewbootie
    Options
    Water Goal: I will drink half my weight today! I won't post the amount, but let's just say I have to drink +/- 100oz. Join me in this 1 day challenge!
    :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker:

And listen, please don't talk the water intoxication mumble jumble...this is a one day challenge and we r in NO way approaching those limits!!! :huh:

haha...i am on

GReat Slim...you can do it! The other day u knocked down close to 100 and outdid me. LEGGO
  • msnewbootie
    Options

LOL. U r correct. U will run to the bathroom, but think of that as burning extra calories as u pace back and forth! Also, if u make this a daily routine, it'll be "softer" on your body!
  • msnewbootie
    Options
    I'm with you!!! I'll try it too!

GReatttttt
  • TerraGirl17
    TerraGirl17 Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    I'm in!! Looks like I need to drink 80 oz's of water today and I am sitting at 16oz's right now so I better get my butt in gear!
  • msnewbootie
    Options
    Via Experts:

So how much water is enough? Probably not the eight glasses we've always been told. Eight 8-ounce glasses is fine if you only weigh 130 pounds. To calculate how much water you need, divide your weight in half. You should drink that many ounces of water each day. If you weigh 180 pounds, you should drink 90 ounces of water.

OHHHHHHHh LOL, for some reason, I presumed you were going to drink half you weight, as in, pounds of water. I did the math quickly, and 100 pounds of water is a lot.....

Sorry, for not initially being clearer! :flowerforyou: Now r u joining us???
  • msnewbootie
    Options

OMG! I swear I HATE the bathroom now haha. Yesterday I was in it every Half hour! My mom says that eventually I wont go as much because my body will get use to it. I sure hope this is true!

Yes, its true! And, also..go when u dont ahve to go, as in how we train kids! It'll take the pressure off of your bladder and save u from "running"
  • jazzy020106
    jazzy020106 Posts: 485 Member
    Options

Not sure what the link says, but trust we are no where near water intoxification...which is like 500 oz!!!

Oh good! lol.. Well then, I am definitely going to do this starting today! I know that especially in the beginning of a "diet" you can lose ALOT in 2 weeks from drinking lots of water. I lost 10 lbs once in a week just by drinking nothing but water. Its AMAZING. ( I did eat lol, just within my 1200 cals a day)

im sure it was all water but i did lose about 30 lbs..by dieting and exercising.. I ended up gaining all my weight back because of PCOS and severe depression (I was in an abusive relationship) but i know if none of that was a factor i could have kept it off!
  • jazzy020106
    Options
    should you not drink half your weight everyday??
  • jazzy020106
    Options

Yes, its true! And, also..go when u dont ahve to go, as in how we train kids! It'll take the pressure off of your bladder and save u from "running"

GREAT! lol.. About how long until your body adjusts? if you know..
  • msnewbootie
    Options

im sure it was all water but i did lose about 30 lbs..by dieting and exercising.. I ended up gaining all my weight back because of PCOS and severe depression (I was in an abusive relationship) but i know if none of that was a factor i could have kept it off!

Wow. Well, u appear to be a strong willed determined individual...although cliche, remember what doesn't kill u makes u stronger! U rock!!!
  • msnewbootie
    Options

GREAT! lol.. About how long until your body adjusts? if you know..

Not sure...we are all different. And, it may not be that your body is adjusting, but it could be you adjusting to the water! Makes sense, either way, you'll get use to it, and it'll go less noticed!
  • futurekilousky
    Options

DId you even read the "causes" for this ? Its mostly caused by burns, kidney failure, and serious medical conditions. RARELY drinking too much water and if that was the case, you would have to drink 4 or 5 gallons or more.

I drink half my weight in water daily! About 130 oz( a gallon), so I am definitely in =)
  • Txifonly
    Txifonly Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    I'm in!