New to the board

Options
Hi there! I'm new to the forum, but have been using my Fitness Pal on my iPhone for about a month now. I am a vegan living in South Louisiana - definitely a rare bird. :) I work from home and homeschool my two youngest girls, who aren't that young anymore at 15 and 17. I'm excited to be on this fitness and weight loss journey. We have joined a local gym and have been enjoying classes and the workout machines. With that and more attention to my diet thanks to the Fitness Pal app, I have lost 9# in the past month. Slow and steady is fine by me.

Replies

• pooksMS
    pooksMS Posts: 25
    Options
    Congrats on becoming vegan and the added benefit of some weight loss too. I live in MS and have recently become vegetarian and am leaning closer and closer to veganism, the benefits seem to outweigh any reservations I might have. Good luck and welcome to MFP on-line.
  • SweetProgression
    SweetProgression Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    congrats on the weight loss. I hope you continue. It must be tough to be a Vegan in South L. My SO is from North and the found in both areas is so tempting. What type of meals do you cook when you crave meat or does the craving go away? Your kids must really look up to you for putting your mind to this and sticking with it. Welcome