Crystal Light packets

Does drinking water still count if you add the Crystal Light packets? Just wondering...

Replies

• MrsBrosco
    MrsBrosco Posts: 295
    To me it does, but there will also be people that say it doesn't.

There are days when you are just plain sick of water, on those days I add Crystal Light and it makes it easier to get it down.
  • PAnn1
    PAnn1 Posts: 530 Member
    I drink alot of Crystal Light. I enter it into my menu to show the calories, but also include this in my fluids for the day. I count any teas and diet sodas in my fluids, too.
  • morganhccstudent724
    morganhccstudent724 Posts: 1,261 Member
    I log the calories....and I count it as water :-)

Pomegrante Lemonade is my FAVORITE!!!!
  • I once read: "only water is water".
  • Qarol
    Qarol Posts: 6,171 Member
    No, it fundamentally changes the chemical make up. Instead of H20, you are essentially drinking Ca(OOCC6H4OCOCH3)2 (398.4).
    What he said...
    And as one of my favorite people has said, the main ingredient in coke is water.
  • live2dream
    live2dream Posts: 614 Member
    Why would you want to add aspartame to your water? No bueno.
  • Fit4_Life
    Fit4_Life Posts: 828 Member
    Does drinking water still count if you add the Crystal Light packets? Just wondering...

Back to plain water, it is.... Thanks all~
  • girlypop
    girlypop Posts: 80
    It's funny because so many people say that you need to drink 8 glasses of water a day but there are experts out there who disagree. What I've come to think is that drinking pure water is best and the more you drink (to an extent) the easier it is to work at dieting and losing weight. Now that a side, when I look at a given day, in terms of fluids to hydrate your body I would say that all drinks do that, except alcoholic ones. So coffee, juice, tea, soda, crystal light all have water in them and will work to keep you hydrated! The only difference would be all the other junk in your drinks. I would think the purer the better so natural teas and coffee and real juice are probably better options, but as in my case I just love my diet coke.

So to clear things up in my post, you need fluids because you need to be hydrated. Water is good to help you lose weight. It's like food, you need something with calories to fuel your day and chips aren't the best but you can do a day of them. Fruits and vegetables on the hand are much better for you and wil make losing weight easier. So don't go banning crystal lights or you'll crave them but try have plenty of plain water too!
  • TheRoadDog
    TheRoadDog Posts: 11,788 Member
    Yes. It counts. Heck, if the food you eat has a high enough water content, you don't have to drink water at all. I'm not saying you shouldn't drink water. i'm saying that drinking Crystal Light, eating watermelon, etc. counts.

80% of the water I drink is through, Crystal Light, Fruit Juices and Coffee.

Go ahead, tell me what a bad misinformed boy I am.