HCG Diet

Options

Replies

• SirBen81
    SirBen81 Posts: 396 Member
    Options
    I know some people who did this diet and it worked well for them. Nutritionists and health-nuts generally frown upon it because it's not exactly "natural" and departs from their standard knowledge base and everything they pride themselves to know. However, when I look at people who have done it, the results are impressive.

The diet should come with a pretty detailed plan that has everything you need to know. There should be lots of info within the plan on what kind of food to eat once the diet is over, so to not gain the weight right back. What you do immeidately following the diet is arguably the most important part, since at this time you are at a very susceptible point to easily gain the weight right back. Follow the plan, the entire plan, to the dot. Good luck.
  • AlyRoseNYC
    AlyRoseNYC Posts: 1,075 Member
    Options
    My cousin's crazynut gf did a 500 calorie a day program. All I could think of was Y-I-K-E-S!!!!!!! She told me her routine because I was trying to lose weight and she was trying to get me on this diet.
    Basically she had a coffee for breakfast with no creamer or sugar. Some chicken breast with like two vegetables for lunch and like 1 serving of fruit in the WHOLE day. FFS. Oh, and she said she had to keep her activity at a minimum due to low cals...... :sick:

I'd like to know if there are any people who actually LIVE LIFE doing this. I guess if you're a couch potato, and extremely sedentary, than it won't impede on your life. But, how does a mother, nurse, teacher, or firefighter survive for so long like this?
  • MrsRipdizzle
    MrsRipdizzle Posts: 490 Member
    Options
    By the way, the constipation was REALLLLLY fun....NOT. Going poo once or maybe twice (if you're lucky) a week...think about what that does for ya internally. And I really wish I had done a body composition test before doing it...because while I'm 180 lbs right now, my scale says I'm 35% body fat. I'd love to know how much lean muscle was eaten away during that diet. :o/
  • ilookthetype
    ilookthetype Posts: 3,021 Member
    Options
    This is essentially borderline anorexia with the addition of preggo pee. It's not a good idea.

I will add my best friend did this and lost a ton of weight! And gained ever pound of it back when she started eating more than 500 cals a day, because that's what happens when you stop restricting calories.
  • kapeluza
    kapeluza Posts: 3,434 Member
    Options
    My cousin's crazynut gf did a 500 calorie a day program. All I could think of was Y-I-K-E-S!!!!!!! She told me her routine because I was trying to lose weight and she was trying to get me on this diet.
    Basically she had a coffee for breakfast with no creamer or sugar. Some chicken breast with like two vegetables for lunch and like 1 serving of fruit in the WHOLE day. FFS. Oh, and she said she had to keep her activity at a minimum due to low cals...... :sick:

Forgot to mention, she dropped weight but she looked... HORRIBLE! she looked so sickly and her skin was so broken out due to the stress she put her body in. And yep, she regained the weight she shed with in a few months after introducing food back into her diet.
  • jazzy020106
    jazzy020106 Posts: 485 Member
    Options
    A friend of mine did it and lost about 20 lbs the first month.. But, I have to agree with the others.. its the 500 cals a day that is causing the weight loss. If HCG really caused weight loss.. Then I think pregnant women would be in alot of trouble. Since their levels of HCG double daily lol.. Its really not good to starve yourself. Im sure you have heard this before. There are other ways to tackle plateaus..
  • MuffinMan25
    Options
    Only 500 Cals a day, not a great idea!!!
  • jazzy020106
    jazzy020106 Posts: 485 Member
    Options
    A friend of mine did it and lost about 20 lbs the first month.. But, I have to agree with the others.. its the 500 cals a day that is causing the weight loss. If HCG really caused weight loss.. Then I think pregnant women would be in alot of trouble. Since their levels of HCG double daily lol.. Its really not good to starve yourself. Im sure you have heard this before. There are other ways to tackle plateaus..

Oh, I forgot to add.. my friend also gained all the weight back as soon as she started eating normal again.

But, I lost 30 lbs doing it the "right" way.. and becuase of some personal things and medical conditions I gained it ALL back and then some. I was so devastated! All that hard work just to gain it back! So, everyone has to do what they want and learn on their own. I mean who knows.. it might work great for you and you might actually keep the weight off! There are better diets out there in my opinion but you never know!
  • hpygirl64ColleenLinder
    Options
    I am glad to read that so many of you gave great advice and were against this. Again, of course anyone that restricts there diet down to 500 calories a day will lose weight but you are all right, it is unhealthy and not maintainable and very few can be so disciplined. With that said if you want to cut back your cravings and your sweet tooth or carbs there are healthy ways to do that that are all natural w/o such drastic measures! I am lucky to have stumbled on my secret weapon that has helped with all of that and then some
    and it has been life changing. Your going to try it out because you've invested but I'd encourage you to talk to me for healthy alternatives.

Feel free everyone to friend me as I leave calorie free tips and food for thought on my page. Hugs and Health, Colleen (Seattle):flowerforyou:
  • Kalrez
    Kalrez Posts: 655 Member
    Options
    Does a person who enjoys food just go right into eating 500 calories with no cravings or similar issues? The will power for that just magically appears?

Yes! The magical pregnant lady pee extract does all the hard work for you. All you have to do it open your wallet and you'll be skinny like a runway model!
  • MrsRipdizzle
    MrsRipdizzle Posts: 490 Member
    Options
    Still here...I forgot to mention another fun side effect. Hair loss. I lost SO MUCH hair. I went to my hairdresser after I got off the diet and she was like "where did all your hair go?!?". It thinned SOOOO much. I clogged the shower drain EVERY DAY. I dunno about you...but as a woman, I like having nice hair. And it's going to take an awful long time for it to "thicken" up again...it's so fine and thin...I'm depressed just talking about this. DON'T DO IT. The quick loss is motivating (and was fun to see my body change so quickly and to fit into smaller clothes again)...but it doesn't last. DON'T SCREW UP YOUR METABOLISM...if I could SCREAM this out...I would. It's just not worth it.
  • Qarol
    Qarol Posts: 6,171 Member
    Options
    I need to get out of the habit of eating so much carbs and sugar
    You do realize you can cut out "so much carbs and sugar" without magic pregnant lady pee, right?
  • SirBen81
    SirBen81 Posts: 396 Member
    Options
    Lots of people posting here don't understand the details of the diet, other than the "500 calories a day" OMG starvation!

It's bit more complex. Yes, normally a person only taking 500 calories per day would go into starvation mode and become extremely fatigued and unhealthy. But the trick with this diet is the HCG drops causes your body to go into a state where it burns stored fat calories for energy at an extremely efficient rate, so it gets the calories it needs.

Yes, you will lose muscle mass. But the idea is you only do this diet for 20 days, and when it's over you may continue with a healthy diet with exercise to gain back lean muscle, but this time without the fat burden of extra body fat.
  • dayzeerock
    dayzeerock Posts: 918 Member
    Options
    There are HIPPA laws in place that keep me from discussing intricate patient details, but just know...we have MANY people who have ended up hospitalized from this insanely stupid fad. Then, after all that, the weight comes back (and usually more). But a lot of people suffer long-term damage to their digestive system, kidneys, liver, and their cardiovascular system. If you really want to risk your life so that you can eat 500 calories and ingest hormones extracted from pregnant women's urine, then have fun. Or, if you want a lifestyle that will help your body improve upon itself, give you more energy, help bring your organs up to prime functionality, then eat real foods, and move your butt a little each day. You'd be amazed at how well a balanced diet and exercise work. Try it.
  • dayzeerock
    dayzeerock Posts: 918 Member
    Options
    Lots of people posting here don't understand the details of the diet, other than the "500 calories a day" OMG starvation!

It's bit more complex. Yes, normally a person only taking 500 calories per day would go into starvation mode and become extremely fatigued and unhealthy. But the trick with this diet is the HCG drops causes your body to go into a state where it burns stored fat calories for energy at an extremely efficient rate, so it gets the calories it needs.

Yes, you will lose muscle mass. But the idea is you only do this diet for 20 days, and when it's over you may continue with a healthy diet with exercise to gain back lean muscle, but this time without the fat burden of extra body fat.

Ummm, no.
  • ilookthetype
    ilookthetype Posts: 3,021 Member
    Options

Ummm, no.

:heart: Dayzee
  • candykay89
    candykay89 Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    I do not think i will try an HCG diet because everytime i hear the word i think of doing pregnancy tests on women. Not only do we do HCG test to confirm pregnancy we do it to tell how far along the female is. Therefore HCG diet to me means "female urine or blood" that makes me nauseous.
  • 0SimplymeStacyLea0
    Options
    500 Calories a day are NOT healthy for you. My boss did it and he looks great but what's going to happen when he stops taking those drops? The belly & weight will be back...just a matter of time.
  • realtreegirl
    Options
    I appreciate all your opinions, but that is all they are is opinions!! I posted this so that I would hopefully get to know other people that have done or are doing this diet and to see how it went for them, NOT to hear all your negative comments and opinions!! Please if you havnt done this diet, do not respond!!! This is my body and I will do what I think is best and believe me if I have any negative side affects I will stop!!!!!
  • Schwiggity
    Schwiggity Posts: 1,449 Member
    Options
    I appreciate all your opinions, but that is all they are is opinions!! I posted this so that I would hopefully get to know other people that have done or are doing this diet and to see how it went for them, NOT to hear all your negative comments and opinions!! Please if you havnt done this diet, do not respond!!! This is my body and I will do what I think is best and believe me if I have any negative side affects I will stop!!!!!

So you're saying you prefer untestable anecdotal evidence as opposed to what countless studies and doctors actually say? :noway:
This discussion has been closed.