What a difference...

Replies

• Anna_Banana
    Anna_Banana Posts: 2,939 Member
    Dec 2007 down 37 pounds. I lost 20 the first two months and the rest I've been taking off really, really slowly, but they say the slower you take it off, the slower it comes back on.
  • 3babybeans
    3babybeans Posts: 8,268 Member
    Started October 2007-
    Lost 90lb- Goal weight.
    Now to maintenance and lowering the bodyfat %. :bigsmile:

Good job everyone. :drinker:

You are such an inspiration to all of us *thiiiiiis close* to our goal weights. Maintain!!! I'm so looking forward to that word! WTG!
  • happy_feet
    happy_feet Posts: 175 Member
    started - October 2008

Lost 12lbs....

12 more to go.. I am at a mid point!!
  • Lyn_Matthews
    Lyn_Matthews Posts: 902 Member
    Dec 2007 down 37 pounds. I lost 20 the first two months and the rest I've been taking off really, really slowly, but they say the slower you take it off, the slower it comes back on.

Good point Anna. We all get frustrated when the scale doesn't move for weeks and weeks but we need to look at the over all picture. At least you know that is 37 lbs that wont be coming back!
  • Anna_Banana
    Anna_Banana Posts: 2,939 Member

Good point Anna. We all get frustrated when the scale doesn't move for weeks and weeks but we need to look at the over all picture. At least you know that is 37 lbs that wont be coming back!

I really don't follow the supper strick calorie requirement to lose 1 pound a week. I kind of work at making better choices and exercising and eat the way I think I will when I reach my goal. Yes it's slow, but since I've continued to lose, it tells me that when I reach my goal I'm eating the way I need to to maintain that goal. Also during the next week I'm not going to count calories at all. I'm going to enjoy the time with my family and eat all the good holiday stuff and celibrate Christmas. then after the new year it's back to work. I hope to lose the last 17 in the new year. If it takes me all year that will be fine. I look okay at this weight, but my BMI still says I'm overweight so I want to get that to healthy.
  • jackeh
    jackeh Posts: 1,515 Member
    I started at the end of January 2008 and so far i have lost 58 pounds... hopefully i can make it to 60 pounds by january 2009
  • May 20, 2008 ~ am down 39 lbs thus far!

About half-way to my goal!
  • I'm so excited to begin my journey doing this! I just read every one's success stories, I just started two days ago, and this is the time that I'm actually going to STICK to doing this.
  • Lyn_Matthews
    I'm so excited to begin my journey doing this! I just read every one's success stories, I just started two days ago, and this is the time that I'm actually going to STICK to doing this.

Welcome Kasey. This website is wonderful. People are so supportive and knowledgable. Good luck to you!
  • our5cooks
    our5cooks Posts: 77 Member
    Congrats to all of you, we have done good this year!!!! I started June 16th and as of today I have lost 41 lbs. this year!!! I am so proud of myself and I almost can't believe that I ,me, actually did it!!! YES!!

76013.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Easy Calorie Counting

:bigsmile: :blushing: :bigsmile: :blushing: :bigsmile:
  • healthier4me
    healthier4me Posts: 357 Member
    Found this great site on November 3, 2008 and I weigh 17 lbs less than when I started....Yippee!!!!
  • Tri_Dad
    Tri_Dad Posts: 1,465
    Started november 20th of this year at 319lbs
    Current weight is 286.

33lbs so far.

:bigsmile:
  • PedalHound
    PedalHound Posts: 1,625 Member
    I joined June 8th 2008 (6 months ago) and I've lost 51 lbs!
  • NWCountryGal
    NWCountryGal Posts: 1,992 Member
    November 9th 5 lbs lost

137 down to 132
  • Girlmom282109
    Girlmom282109 Posts: 2,643 Member
    I started this Oct. 4th and I have lost 20.5 pounds I have 45 more to go!:bigsmile:
  • Since march '08, I have lost 19 pounds.

I was on and off with it over the summer so most of that was really from Oct. 1st.

Either way, feeling good about it!

I plan to take off about 50 more in '09!
  • Lyn_Matthews
    Started november 20th of this year at 319lbs
    Current weight is 286.

33lbs so far.

:bigsmile:

Holy Cow!!! That is a lot of weight for 1 month. I wanna know your secret!!
  • PurdyMommy
    PurdyMommy Posts: 378 Member
    Feb 13th 48pounds
  • petunia
    petunia Posts: 336 Member
    This is a great thread!

Started June of '08

21 pounds gone and never to return!!

Have about 15 or so to go.. give or take 5 pounds... whatever works...

It's definitely coming off MUCH slower now, but like Anna_Banana said, it's OK with me if it takes a while for those last ones to come off... hopefully that means they won't come back!

Congratulations to everyone on their successes, and good luck to everyone on their continuted journey in 2009!

Yeah for MFP! Thanks Mike!
  • raincloud
    raincloud Posts: 405 Member
    I started on June 23 (A date that will forever be in my brain!) at 260. I am currently 189.

I've lost 71 lbs in 5.5 months!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!