Going to the Doctor today....

Options
So, I have been stumped about my slow or no weight loss since the beginning of July. I keep going up and down the same 3-4 lbs every few days. I have stayed around 1500 calories (tried going up and down on cal intake, and zigzagging), I eat my exercise calories back and I burn an average of 2000 calories a week. I work out 6 days per week with a mix of HIIT or strength training.
I am going to the doctor today and was wondering if there is anything specific I should tell her to check or do? Any ideas? Thank you!!

Replies

• JenGilronan
    JenGilronan Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I don't really know much about it, but I've heard thyroid issues can make weight loss or gain tough...
  • christinad95
    christinad95 Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    I have hypothyroidism and it does make weight loss tough. Hope it turns out well for you.
  • lovinlife71
    Options
    Good luck! Make sure your thyroid levels are checked!
  • schobert101
    schobert101 Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    Might want to print out a week or so of your food log for review. Make sure you have a list of all the medications you take. What is your current height and weight? It looks like you are close to goal. If so then it will be slow going at this point and it sounds like you are doing all the right things. You should probably set your goals to no more than 1/2 pound per week loss at this point. I am 2 pounds from goal and have been stuck since mid June. The body just usually wants to level off when it is close to goal. Your doctor may not have the magic answer but she can make sure there is not some other medical issues going on.
  • PrairieRoseNE
    Options
    Maybe check your blood sugar?? Usually that has to be done before you eat anything - but just a thought for the next Dr. appt.
  • PeachyKeene
    PeachyKeene Posts: 1,645 Member
    Options
    I have hypothyroidism and it does make weight loss tough. Hope it turns out well for you.

Yes it does!

To the OP, I have several medical problems that hinder weight loss. I have a hypothyroid, high prolactin levels(extremely high), and low in testosterone, estrogen, progesterone (I am or was postmenopausal because of the high prolactin level, it limits other hormone production) A good blood work up would be a good start for you.
  • kimmerc1331
    kimmerc1331 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Thank you for the posts...I got my labs back from the doctor yesterday and my T4 is low...meaning I may have hypothyroidism. This makes sense to me because I have PCOS too and that can be caused by thyroid issues. I also have borderline high glucose levels which worries me, since I have been so healthy the last 4 months. I hope this is not moving into diabetes, which can also be made worse by thyroid issues. I did have gestational with my first baby. Anyway, I am going to start a low dose of thyroid med and see what happens.