ZUMBA

Options
There is no caloric burn rate for Zumba...
I have tracked it as high impact Cardio..

I do Hip Hop Zumba, extreme movement, not traditonal Latin, does anyone know what the standard is?

Replies

• scantrll
    scantrll Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    I always go to zumbacalories.com and enter my info to get my calorie burn - but I do live classes, not videos. Its a pretty close estimate if you don't have a HRM. :smile:
  • Stace_0104
    Options
    I'm thinking about getting the Wii Zumba, so I'm curious about how to track it as well.
  • LivLovLrn
    LivLovLrn Posts: 577 Member
    Options
    I have been recording it as high impact too. I am seeing people who have a heart rate monitor and put in their own info are able to input "Zumba", so if you have that option you could do it that way. I don't have a HRM so just stay with the "high impact aerobics"
  • kservino
    kservino Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I always go to zumbacalories.com and enter my info to get my calorie burn - but I do live classes, not videos. Its a pretty close estimate if you don't have a HRM. :smile:

This is exactly what I did as well, then just added it to my list of cardio exercise. Its pretty accurate for those taking live classes! (But Grrr, they need to add Zumba to their list! ;) )
  • lindseymariep
    lindseymariep Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I love Zumba! I take live classes and I record it as high intensity cardio even though I think I burn more than it says.
  • FabulousKP
    FabulousKP Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Bump..
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    I do the DVDs, so traditional Zumba, and log it as aerobic - high impact. This must be pretty close because I lost at the rate this site said I would when I ate those calories. I've went to the site that guesstimates for you (someone else posted it in this thread) and it said a little higher, but not much.
  • xraylady33
    xraylady33 Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    If I had to rely on myself to insert a DVD, indeed I would be in trouble...bahahha

The instructor I go to is a ball of energy!
  • bubblybabeuk
    bubblybabeuk Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    I do live classes and wear a HRM I Burn around 450 calories in 45 mins.
  • lindseymariep
    lindseymariep Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Bump..

I'm new to the boards...what does this mean?
  • bubblybabeuk
    bubblybabeuk Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    Its just a way of getting the post back up to the top of the list, you will see some people saying "bump for later" if they don't have time to read something now.

Any reply to a post sends it back to the top.