According to MFP

Options
2»

Replies

• calmmomw3minimeez
    calmmomw3minimeez Posts: 499 Member
    Options
    I eat plenty of eggs and don't have a cholesterol problem, but I sometimes skip the Pam and use the butter...much tastier, but I scramble them in the microwave with a little water to avoid adding any fat to them...fried eggs rock!!
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,692 Member
    Options
    Just had steak and eggs. Yum.
  • Ashonym
    Ashonym Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    At the start of MFP I occasionally ate 8 LARGE eggs in a day. Just today I had 5 SMALL eggs. I guess I'm a walking corpse or death bomb. But cholesterol vs sodium/carbs? I'll take my chances with the eggs from what I hear!!
  • SiltyPigeon
    SiltyPigeon Posts: 920 Member
    Options
    Skip the Pam, it's processed junk. Get yourself a little air pump bottle for your oil (vegetable or coconut), you just pour in your oil, pump in some air, and then it sprays just like the store bought cans.. but it saves you money and it's healthier.

As far as eggs go... eggs are good for you if you're buying eggs that are laid by pastured hens. They are lower in all the bad stuff, and higher in all the good stuff. Plus they really do taste better.

God bless!

Saves you money??? Pam's like $1.50 a can... and 0 calories... and doesn't have a taste.... and it makes the eggs not stick to the pan. HOW COULD YOU BE ANTI-PAM????? It's un-American. Lady... I need a Xanax, now.
  • sugarbone
    sugarbone Posts: 454 Member
    Options
    I like my omelets/scrambled eggs to be 3 egg whites and 1 egg yolk. Way less fat and cholesterol. Although, eggs don't have a terrible amount of cholesterol and it's the good type anyways, they're definitely not bad for you.