Not-so-new newbie with renewed vigor!

chunkyb
chunkyb Posts: 20 Member
edited September 19 in Introduce Yourself
Hey everyone!

I had been using MFP since mid-2007. Never really read or posted on the forums, though. I used the food diaries and the exercise logs and the accountability makes this a great tool.

I stopped visiting the site for a while, mainly because I lost motivation to keep it going. But, now, I am back on the wagon! And I'm looking forward to seeing the same progress many of you have seen.

I have about 70-80 pounds to lose. I'm in no hurry, but I'd like it to be permanent. I had previously lost 40 pounds and ended up putting it all back on, and then some.

The only thing I think this site lacks is a cell phone/Blackberry application for entering food while on the road. I think for me, personally, that would be very helpful. On the good side, it seems that the food catalog has grown drastically since I last used this site. Part of what discouraged me was that the catalog was limited. But it looks like, thanks to publishing users' data, it has pretty much everything you could ever eat, and its crazy accurate!

In any case, I look forward to interacting with you on this journey and hope to make some friends along the way.

Replies

• chunkyb
    chunkyb Posts: 20 Member
    Hey everyone!

I had been using MFP since mid-2007. Never really read or posted on the forums, though. I used the food diaries and the exercise logs and the accountability makes this a great tool.

I stopped visiting the site for a while, mainly because I lost motivation to keep it going. But, now, I am back on the wagon! And I'm looking forward to seeing the same progress many of you have seen.

I have about 70-80 pounds to lose. I'm in no hurry, but I'd like it to be permanent. I had previously lost 40 pounds and ended up putting it all back on, and then some.

The only thing I think this site lacks is a cell phone/Blackberry application for entering food while on the road. I think for me, personally, that would be very helpful. On the good side, it seems that the food catalog has grown drastically since I last used this site. Part of what discouraged me was that the catalog was limited. But it looks like, thanks to publishing users' data, it has pretty much everything you could ever eat, and its crazy accurate!

In any case, I look forward to interacting with you on this journey and hope to make some friends along the way.
  • tashjs21
    tashjs21 Posts: 4,584 Member
    Welcome back!!! :drinker:
  • sanifrey
    sanifrey Posts: 2,355 Member
    Hello! Like you I never used the boards until just now! I've been trying other support sites & love that MFP has it all!! I'm hoping to make this my one stop shopping site! I wish us all continued success & motivation to continue on this life long journey!
  • Jackie_W
    Jackie_W Posts: 1,676 Member
    Hey welcome back :flowerforyou: :drinker:
This discussion has been closed.