Sparkpeople/ My Daily Plate

Options
Has anyone tried sparkpeople or My Daily Plate?
If so what did you like/dislike about them?
Thanks,
Jenn

Replies

• Nelski
    Nelski Posts: 1,607 Member
    Options
    Do you mean The Daily Plate? That doesn't exist anymore, it's Livestrong now. I actually used to use it and loved it until it became Livestrong. Tracking got to be more difficult and there were always glitches in the site. I did a search and found this site and stuck with it. I have gone to Spark but I think it's easier to track food here. Spark has a great recipe section tho, that I go to occasionally.
  • hefinator
    hefinator Posts: 260
    Options
    i used to use sparkpeople. I really liked it, until it all became about doing little thing to earn spark points... instead of getting out and doing stuff. i dunno. i've had a few friends who have switched from spark to here too, becuase this site is much better.
  • debcarv
    debcarv Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    I use spark people for recipes and calorie calculating at times. Its a good web sit, MFP is tops of course but if I can't find it here, I look there!
  • camy_chick
    camy_chick Posts: 277 Member
    Options
    i used to use spark people, and then it became all about the groups, the points, and just everyone trying to take over things more then the weight loss. i ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥ this site SOOOOOOOOOOO much more! and i have had more progress with this site in 2 months, then i had on spark in a year!
  • jwaitman
    jwaitman Posts: 367 Member
    Options
    I have used sparkpeople and didn't really like it. I much prefer MFP.
  • trud72
    trud72 Posts: 1,912 Member
    Options
    i tried it for a fleeting second but i found it was cr@p....lol
    well you asked :)
  • becky_turcotte
    Options
    I did sparkpeople for a while, but Its almost too complicated, and alot of foods arn't on the food tracker. I like MFP so much better.
  • nlfrancis
    Options
    I used to use Livestrong daily plate until i realized that a lot of what they had listed was very inaccurate. I like spark people for their recipies and some of their workouts - I subscribe to a lot of their things and get emails on new workouts and recipies so I like it for that - but I always come back to MFP. I have also used fatsecret.com, but by far MFP is the best.
  • Michelle9939
    Options
    I used to use Sparkpeople all the time. But then I found MFP. I love MFP a lot more. I made a Livestrong account but it didn't impress me at all.
  • Getting_Fit_4_Life
    Getting_Fit_4_Life Posts: 404 Member
    Options
    I have used and still have my Sparkspeople account open, but I don't use it because I just like MFP much better. MFP is easier to navigate. Sparks was just too "busy."
  • gr8grl68
    gr8grl68 Posts: 417 Member
    Options
    I tried Sparkpeople when I saw an advertisement for it in one of my magazines. Putting in your food was confusing and so I basically stopped using it altogether. Last October my boss was using his MFP app on his iphone and he showed me the site. From then on I've been using MFP and LOVE IT! :)
  • kym117
    kym117 Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    I tried Sparkpeople before I joined MFP and I feel there is no comparison, the biggest issue that I found with Sparkpeople was there food database, I found it very limited and seemed to spend most of my spare time filling in nutritional information for every food that I was entering into my diary, and I was not to keen on the points based system that was created.
  • Fat_2_Fit_Mommy
    Fat_2_Fit_Mommy Posts: 569 Member
    Options
    I tried spark I didn't like it. I also tried caloriecount and I didn't like it either I found this site on that site though I looked this one up and I LOVE it. MFP is the best site I think.
  • jljc_2010
    jljc_2010 Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    Wow...I am glad I found this place first then!
    Thanks so much for everyone's insight, maybe I will go on over to spark people and check out their recipes and stuff!
    Thanks again!
  • jljc_2010
    Options
    So I experimented with it today, I think you are right!
    Although I like the meal plan alternative....
    But I don't like the food database!
    Thanks for your insight!
  • 2pinks1blue
    Options
    I was a member of Sparkpeople briefly, but didn't like it much. MFP is much better :)
  • jljc_2010
    Options
    I was a member of Sparkpeople briefly, but didn't like it much. MFP is much better :)

Thanks!!!!
  • melsinct
    melsinct Posts: 3,512 Member
    Options
    I also first tried Sparkpeople. Their website is too busy and gives me a headache and I don't need to play games with their "points." Plus I didn't like all the Teams and whatnot. I just wanted to track my calories! Their website is obnoxiously colorful and way too busy. I hated looking at it. MFP is like an oasis of calm in comparison. I drifted away from Sparkpeople after a month or so. For me, MFP is a better fit.
  • jacksonpt
    jacksonpt Posts: 10,413 Member
    Options
    I was on The Daily Plate for a few years, even did the paid membership thing for a year. I really liked it, if they had a more reliable mobile app I'd probably still be there.

That said, I've been pretty happy with MFP so far.
  • NMandaMarie
    NMandaMarie Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    i used to use sparkpeople. I really liked it, until it all became about doing little thing to earn spark points... instead of getting out and doing stuff. i dunno. i've had a few friends who have switched from spark to here too, becuase this site is much better.

This. :) (See my blog)

Manda