Green Tea

Options
2»

Replies

• TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    I love, love, love all tea...... well ok most tea. Anyway, plain green tea is an acquired taste. The best tasting FLAVORED green tea for me is Lipton's Red Goji Raspberry. You can actually taste the berries! I use this to make iced tea and it doesn't need any sweetener.

I also like a citrus green tea (Snapple tea bags) with added GINGER. You might add a few pieces of gingerroot to your tea while steeping it - nice!
  • TenLaws
    TenLaws Posts: 273
    Options
    I've always hated tea but made a conscious effort to acquire a taste for it this month. Don't dip the tea bag too long, add honey. I love it now!!
  • Jessvaliquette
    Jessvaliquette Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    Harneys & Sons, the Pineapple green tea is the best thing you have ever tasted. Absolutely amazing, I love it, there are other flavors but that is my fav.
  • Griffonics
    Griffonics Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Easy way to get rid of the aftertaste is to let it brew in cold water. Put 2 tea bags into a liter and a half (about a half gallon) and let it steep in the fridge overnight. It won't have the bitter tannins occasionally found in green tea. If you can find green tea with brown rice it is really lovely and virtually (as in 5 per liter) no calories or stomach irritating false sugars.
  • shelbygeorge29
    shelbygeorge29 Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    You might add a few pieces of gingerroot to your tea while steeping it - nice!

I love ginger, sounds delish!!!!
  • Janelle31
    Janelle31 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I understand where you are coming from. I'm not a huge fan of green tea although I like most herbal teas. I've tried a couple of different flavours of green tea and am slowly acquiring a taste for it. Stash Moroccan Mint Green Tea is really nice. I use 2 bags for a pitcher (about 6 cups) of water. I add about a tablespoon of honey to the whole pitcher while it is still warm. It's good cold and if I'm wanting something warm, I pop a mug of it in the microwave. It's a little faster than boiling the water and letting it steep for a couple of minutes.