I'm stuck

Options
I seem to have reached my plateau. The first 20+ pounds fell off pretty easily. I have been hovering around the same 2 lbs for about a month now. I haven't changed my eating. We were doing the 30 Day Shred (almost) every night. Now, I do 30 mins on the elliptical Tues-Fri and do the 30 Day Shred (level 3) on Sat and Sun. What do I need to do to get the rest of the weight off? I'm really only looking for about 4 more lbs.

Replies

• Qarol
    Qarol Posts: 6,171 Member
    Options
    I haven't changed my eating.
    Change your eating...
  • iuali81
    iuali81 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    I still watch my calories and log them here. I have changed my goals and MFP hasn't changed my calorie intake. So, if the way I'm eating has gotten me this far, how should I change it?
  • dennisdavis1956
    Options
    DOING THE SHRED THE WAY YOU ARE, YOU MAY BE GAINING MUSCLE WEIGHT. GOOD THING.
  • zoodalia
    zoodalia Posts: 294
    Options
    I still watch my calories and log them here. I have changed my goals and MFP hasn't changed my calorie intake. So, if the way I'm eating has gotten me this far, how should I change it?

Sometimes you need to up or down your calories (depending on whether you are quite restrictive or quite generous). That normally shakes things up. You could also increase your exercise (if you've got the time).

Plateaus are tough, but you've done so well already so stick with it!
  • Qarol
    Qarol Posts: 6,171 Member
    Options
    Our bodies are very good at adapting to what we're doing. So tweaking what you're eating and doing can trick the body. It can be as simple as eating something different for breakfast or changing your workout routine. But doing the same thing will eventually stop working. Or at least, not work as well.
  • Cherese1983
    Cherese1983 Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    Switch up your exercise and do something completely different. That might help??