Protein Shakes which type?

Options
So my weight is falling at a nice rate, but i need to work on toning now and have been advised to get a protein kick after workouts but have no idea the best way to do this. I know i could eat high protein food but my busy day with work and family doesnt always allow time for it I have been reading around and think a protein shake after workouts would be the best idea but i have no idea which type to go for and I am worried about the amount of cals in them and the possiblity of weight gain from them.

So i guess Im asking what do others use and what can they recommend. ?

Replies

• fitaliciag
    fitaliciag Posts: 373
    Options
    i use Shakeology in the morning and Designer Whey in the evening :)
  • monicanicoletta
    monicanicoletta Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    i like the protein shakes from costco.. premiere nutriton. its like 130 cals, 5 carbs and 31 grams of protein! its awesome :)
  • netchik
    netchik Posts: 587 Member
    Options
    I've used Myoplex before and really like them, but I use them on a 6-meal per day plan and only on the days I'm working out. Haven't tried the bars - only tend to use the shakes but the big plus is that they are very filling!!
  • mom2bambam
    mom2bambam Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Once in a while, if I don't have time for a meal and really need some protein, I will get a drink from a company called Svelte. I have been able to find it in or near the organic section of most grocery stores. Their flavors are pretty yummy too. I like Vanilla Bean or the Cappuccino. They are high in protein and on the lower end for calories and sugar which is a plus!
  • brewingaz
    brewingaz Posts: 1,136 Member
    Options
    I use the cheap whey protein shakes from WalMart
  • kristoferswanson
    Options
    If you're overwhelmed by all the protein shake options, my Mom (who is a nurse) told me that a very simple yet effective option is chocolate milk.
  • Carlton_Banks
    Carlton_Banks Posts: 757 Member
    Options
    I use Isopure Zero Carb Whey Protein Isolate, 50 grams protein in 2 scoops
  • serendipitydoda
    serendipitydoda Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I use Optimum Nutrition. It's the best one I've found.
  • RNewton4269
    RNewton4269 Posts: 663 Member
    Options
    I have used serveral...

*EAS 100% Whey Protein-Chocolate
    *Optimum Nutrition-Whey--Double Chocolate
    *Naturade Total Soy-Vanilla

I really like the EAS one best. My sister just introduced me to that one this past weekend. It is tasting and I can add in my flax seed too!
  • Acg67
    Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member
    Options
    Xtreme Formulations Ultra Peptide 2.0 - Lemon Cream Pie

Xtreme Formulations Ultra Peptide 2.0 - Cinnamon Roll and Trutein Cinnamon roll tie

Myofusion - Banana, Cookies and Cream, Chocolate

those are the best tasting ones i've ever had
  • ChristinaRamos
    Options
    I drink vi shape nutritional milkshakes because they are low calorie, delicious, and packed with nutrition!!
  • joseph9
    joseph9 Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    i like the protein shakes from costco.. premiere nutriton. its like 130 cals, 5 carbs and 31 grams of protein! its awesome :)
    I drink those for breakfast and love them. (Mine are 160 calories, 11 ounces)