MY RANT!!!!!

Options

Replies

• Qarol
    Qarol Posts: 6,171 Member
    Options
    If someone gives me their opinion, and I get offended, that's not their problem.
  • sweettoothfairy
    sweettoothfairy Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    Great post :smile:
  • DropsOJupiter
    Options
    Hey there and thanks for sharing your opinion. I am one of those HRM and mostly organic persons. However, with this economy, I certainly know that not everyone can afford the cost of a HRM or to consistently eat organics. Yes, I've heard all the stuff about it's not that much more expensive and that's not true. My food budget went up over 200%. That's my choice. Others don't have the money for that choice. I, too, have seen the snarky, judgemental comments and feel sorry for the persons making them, in that they must not like themselves very much to put down others. Well that and they have the communication skills of a rattle snake :laugh: I only give suggestions when the person is asking for help/support, which is why we are here. Each persons journey is different, each body is different and most of folks at MFP know that thank goodness!
  • lind3400
    lind3400 Posts: 557 Member
    Options
    How many of these posts am I gunna see this week....

Seriously, they're all adults and can fight their own battles.... this site is full of criticism and "meanies"....get used to it
  • lizziebeth1028
    lizziebeth1028 Posts: 3,602 Member
    Options
    Well said!!! I wrote a blog with a similar rant in which I referred to these whole, all natural, raw, organic, free range chicken toting, hrm people as fitness snobs. Lol....now, I know not all of them are. In a perfect world I would be equipped with all the absolute essentials for optimum weight loss...but hey!! this is the real world! We are not all perfect but at least we are trying.

And hopefully the fitness gods will not throw lightening bolts at me but..........I ate potato chips at lunch and washed it down with a diet coke. So there, take that!!
  • rodneyderrick
    rodneyderrick Posts: 483 Member
    Options
    Heart-rate monitors are so cool. I have one, a very expensive one, but I don't use it. It's part of my GPS watch, and I only use that when I need to time myself. When I think about it, I ran for twenty-five years without one, so I won't suggest you get one unless you really need it, and who needs to spend that kind of money. As far as food is concerned, I love my fruit and veggies. I encourage everybody to eat whole grains, vegetables, and all that good stuff; but I have to be honest, at the end of the day it doesn't matter, because all it takes to lose weight is to eat within your calorie limit. Whenever I post, I hope people take that much from my messages. Log every meal, every sauce, and even the oils, and you'll lose weight without any problem. Therefore, when people eat white bread, I don't cringe. I simply ask, "Did you log it?"
  • withchaco
    withchaco Posts: 1,026 Member
    Options
    I think criticism is important and beneficial. You learn a lot from a good critique. The problem is when people care more about correcting an issue than helping the person with the issue. That's when they throw all tact out the window...
  • MsCandyLynn
    Options
    I think criticism is important and beneficial. You learn a lot from a good critique. The problem is when people care more about correcting an issue than helping the person with the issue. That's when they throw all tact out the window...

and that was the point that i was trying to make...i think if someone is asking for help by all means help them what you know and works for you however don't tell them they are doing it all wrong because they aren't doing it like you!
  • v_addison
    v_addison Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    Thank you so much for your rant!!! Saying what everyone else is feeling. It's comforting knowing that people like you are here to stand up for those people that have been wronged.
  • calmmomw3minimeez
    calmmomw3minimeez Posts: 499 Member
    Options
    Good for you girl...I couldn't agree with you more and congrats on speaking out on it!!!
  • PreciousMissy
    Options
    *kitten* of the world unite!!!!!! Just do it somewhere else please ;)
  • calmmomw3minimeez
    Options
    :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • calmmomw3minimeez
    Options
    *kitten* of the world unite!!!!!! Just do it somewhere else please ;)
    :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
    Couldn't find delete on the other post...forgot to put up the quote the first time...darn...now the super-duper-intellectuals are gonna really get me for this one!! Lol!
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,701 Member
    Options
    First let me start off by saying I am not trying to offend anyone, however, there are several people on these boards that do exactly that. I browse through these boards quite a bit, and find people all the time who are just starting or even been here for a while and are proud of what they have accomplished or proud that they are able to pick a better food option, however some of you don't see it for that. For example I seen a girl who posted her lunch on here and was extremly proud and it was a healthy lunch however bc of her bread choice MANY of you decided to tell her she was wrong instead of telling her what she did right. yes i know most are trying ot help but they way your posts come off it comes off as more like a put down bc "she didnt eat whole wheat bread" maybe she couldnt afford whole wheat bread at 4bucks a loaf or maybe she doesnt like the taste *i dont know about many of you but i dont like something i wont eat it* but instead of telling her that she did a good job on picking veggies over chips you run her in the ground for white bread..and that is just one example, I see people tellingothers that they are not doing well if they don't wear a HRM..well sorry but some people just flat out can't afford one, and instead of telling them that all there efforts were for nothing howabout saying thats a great job and just leave it at that..What happened to if you don't have anything nice to say then don't say anything at all... I know that the majority of you are here to help but it just really bothers me when i see some people thinking they are better than others because they "whole organic" foods homemade never from a can and definatley nothing with HFCS or bc they burned the "EXACT" amount of cals with their HRM..we are all here for the same reason, but we are all different so we will obtain those goal differently just keep that in mind. and no im not here ot put down those of you that use HRM *i do* or eat organic whole type foods i think that is great and if that is for you and it is working then i say keep doing it but just odn't bash those that dont. thank you!! and sorry if i offended anyone
    Yep, all of a sudden people choose to "eat healthy" and now anything else that's not part of their personal diet is considered "taboo" if they read someone else has it in their diary. The "health police" irk me the most. How righteous they feel when they can say "that isn't healthy", when health has more to do about genetics than what you eat.
  • RedNeckGal1970
    Options
    You are so right! I live on a very tight budget. Healthy is often expensive so we do the best with what we have. I don't know why that is so hard for some people to understand! Heart Monitors, expensive exercise equipment and gym memberships are great for those who can afford them... as for me, I'm happy to be able to buy my daughter back to school clothes and supplies! So I eat a non organic, imperfect diet... so what? I'm not living on sugar or fat... I'm living on what I can afford!

The other ones are, the exercise androids who rag me, that cleaning house and working in my yard or garden don't really count. Well I have a family and I don't have a lot of time to run out and do a "real work out"... don't put me down for it, it's better than laying on the couch all day watching movies and eating ice cream outta the bucket!!! One of MFP friends puts daily challenges up for us all to do. Granted nothing he challenges us to do cost us any money or anything and they are great challenges. I really appreciate the fact that he takes the time to do this. However, I don't always have time to do them, or they don't work for me, because I injured my back years ago. So I don't often "respond" to them. I saw a while back that he said anyone not responding to his challenges would be removed from his friends. I guess I can see his point... but on the other hand some days I'm doing good just to log my food!

Thank you for putting a voice to the thoughts so many of us have! Way to Go... kick some rude *kitten*!
  • bellaxero
    Options
    Yea, im new to this site for the most part and havent posted much, but what i read is kind of sickening. A lot of people on here are rude, ignorant and plain obnoxious....
  • lizziebeth1028
    lizziebeth1028 Posts: 3,602 Member
    Options
    First let me start off by saying I am not trying to offend anyone, however, there are several people on these boards that do exactly that. I browse through these boards quite a bit, and find people all the time who are just starting or even been here for a while and are proud of what they have accomplished or proud that they are able to pick a better food option, however some of you don't see it for that. For example I seen a girl who posted her lunch on here and was extremly proud and it was a healthy lunch however bc of her bread choice MANY of you decided to tell her she was wrong instead of telling her what she did right. yes i know most are trying ot help but they way your posts come off it comes off as more like a put down bc "she didnt eat whole wheat bread" maybe she couldnt afford whole wheat bread at 4bucks a loaf or maybe she doesnt like the taste *i dont know about many of you but i dont like something i wont eat it* but instead of telling her that she did a good job on picking veggies over chips you run her in the ground for white bread..and that is just one example, I see people tellingothers that they are not doing well if they don't wear a HRM..well sorry but some people just flat out can't afford one, and instead of telling them that all there efforts were for nothing howabout saying thats a great job and just leave it at that..What happened to if you don't have anything nice to say then don't say anything at all... I know that the majority of you are here to help but it just really bothers me when i see some people thinking they are better than others because they "whole organic" foods homemade never from a can and definatley nothing with HFCS or bc they burned the "EXACT" amount of cals with their HRM..we are all here for the same reason, but we are all different so we will obtain those goal differently just keep that in mind. and no im not here ot put down those of you that use HRM *i do* or eat organic whole type foods i think that is great and if that is for you and it is working then i say keep doing it but just odn't bash those that dont. thank you!! and sorry if i offended anyone
    Yep, all of a sudden people choose to "eat healthy" and now anything else that's not part of their personal diet is considered "taboo" if they read someone else has it in their diary. The "health police" irk me the most. How righteous they feel when they can say "that isn't healthy", when health has more to do about genetics than what you eat.

health police!!! lol, that's a good one!
  • spyork
    spyork Posts: 187
    Options
    WELL SAID!!

Every body is different and will respond in different ways to different things, if you are happy with your results and are seeing a difference then so what if you didn't eat Organic dust for Lunch.

Keep up YOUR hard work and be proud of what you do, screw all the negative wan*ers on here who think they know it all.

You are fantastic and no one else is like you.
  • millionsofpeaches
    Options
    Usually when someone starts a post with "I am not trying to offend anyone..." usually means that what comes after will offend someone. If it bothers you then you do not have to read anything that anyone posts on the boards. To each their own... What works for one person may not work for another. You shouldn't let it bother you so much. Just focus on the positive!
  • calmmomw3minimeez
    Options
    I find it strange that some people can start threads or make comments about things that they don't like while at the same time telling other posters to NOT COMMENT ON THREADS THAT THEY DON'T LIKE...ergo the reason for so many threads and comments about not liking threads and comments, lol...uh-oh I did it again!!:noway: