Flattering dress for a pcos belly?

I need a dress by mid-September!! I don't really own dresses at all so I was wondering what type of fit would look good on me for my shape? I have the ever-so-annoying "PCOS Belly" and while its getting smaller, its still pretty noticeable. Any suggestions are welcome :) Thanks!

Replies

• rsqsquad05
    rsqsquad05 Posts: 125
    what is PCOS Belly?
  • Katiemarie4488
    Katiemarie4488 Posts: 242 Member
    What is PCOS?
  • I love a wrap dress, not sure what PCOS is, but this flatters. It pulls the fabric to the side.
    http://www.macys.com/catalog/product/index.ognc?ID=302618&cm_mmc=Google_Feed-_-4-_-31-_-MP431
  • netchik
    netchik Posts: 587 Member
    Yes - try something that gathers under the bust in an empire line. You could either opt for ankle-length, or just above the knee with some opaque tights or leggings. What sort of event? (Might determine the length!)
  • netchik
    netchik Posts: 587 Member
    What is PCOS?

PolyCystic Ovarian Syndrome
  • linderk
    linderk Posts: 9 Member
    Hi!

I have PCOS so I know how it is. You could wear a skirt with a longer shirt. There are lots of sytles to.chose from. How about wearing like a girdle under a dress? Those help too.

Kimberly
  • mgmlap
    mgmlap Posts: 1,377 Member
    women with PCOS have a tendency to gain loads around their midsection...

I think a nice empire waist would be nice...
  • slimdownspicey
    slimdownspicey Posts: 110 Member
    Not sure where you live or what your price range is but I've had the best experiences at smaller shops where you can get help from someone and the sales people are more experienced/will cater to what looks good on your body =)
  • i like the empire waist dresses..i too suffer from PCOS and i wear dresses all the time and a good majority of them are empire waist.not only that it will flatter your top half and not your middle (= hope this helps
  • It stands for Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome which is when there are low levels of the female hormone estrogen and high levels of the male sex hormones. It contributes to excess belly fat.
  • Andee08
    Andee08 Posts: 147 Member
    I COMPLETELY understand. I have the dreaded PCOS belly! Just for you that do not understand, people with PCOS (Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome) tend to carry their weight in the stomach. Wrap dresses are very nice. I know any of those suck 'em in under garments really help me out as well. I don't tend to wear dresses, I like to wear seperates (skirts and a top) as they seem to be more flattering on me.
  • I myself have the PCOS belly and wear dresses every week! I have many different types that I wear but most are wraps or gather under my bust and are very flowy! I also hide some of my belly with a Danskin undershirt that holds everything in!
  • Also, wear a padded bra, it adds to the effect that things are proportionate. If you think of it, wear the undergarments, while shopping, it will change your choices. The way the dress looks on the hanger is not how it will look on you. I have the c-section belly, and chose to wear a pantsuit to the last weddings we had to attend, with a wrap top, and pallazzo pants.