Breaking through a plateau

Options
Nich0le
Nich0le Posts: 2,906 Member
It is easy.

increase your exercise by 20%. If you do 30 minutes of cardio then you need to do 36 minutes or if you are a distance person then if you walk 2 miles a session then you need to do 2.4.

Another tip is to change the type of cardio you do, instead of walking get on a bike or get off the elliptical and get on the treadmill.

Also, if you already do a lot of cardio you should add weight training (a lot of people trying to loose weight go cardio cardio cardio and eventually to get long term results you are going to have to get on those weight machines or get some free weights going! :smile: )

Replies

• Nich0le
    Nich0le Posts: 2,906 Member
    Options
    It is easy.

increase your exercise by 20%. If you do 30 minutes of cardio then you need to do 36 minutes or if you are a distance person then if you walk 2 miles a session then you need to do 2.4.

Another tip is to change the type of cardio you do, instead of walking get on a bike or get off the elliptical and get on the treadmill.

Also, if you already do a lot of cardio you should add weight training (a lot of people trying to loose weight go cardio cardio cardio and eventually to get long term results you are going to have to get on those weight machines or get some free weights going! :smile: )
  • luckystars424
    luckystars424 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    That's really good advice. Considering I'm not even close to where I expect to plateau yet but when i get there I will definetely give this a try.