Protein for break fast?

I want to start eating more protein. I want to add it to breakfast, but do not have any ideas. I can only think of eggs. Bacon is good but I heard it's not good for you, with all the nitrates in it.

Replies

• datzun
    datzun Posts: 198
    Yogurt.
  • army_cobra
    army_cobra Posts: 136 Member
    Eggs is the only way i go. It is the best source of protien for breakfast
  • mamashatzie
    mamashatzie Posts: 238 Member
    Before I leave for work I have a smoothie with spinach, berries, greek yogurt (lots of protein) and milk. You can also add protein powder. Then once I get to work I usually have some eggs.
  • maidentl
    maidentl Posts: 3,203 Member
    I've been scrambling eggs with veggies. Today I used onion and pepper and added a chopped up corn tortilla and sprinkled on some cheese to make "migas."
  • Starleng1
    Starleng1 Posts: 142
    What about something with peanut butter on it?
  • Sweet_Pandora
    Sweet_Pandora Posts: 459 Member
    Chicken or turkey bacon is a healthier option than regular bacon.

I put a half scoop of unflavoured protein in my oatmeal to up the protein.

Homemade fruit smoothies, all you need is some protein powder, fruit and a blender.

The possibilities are endless, breakfast doesn't mean you have to eat breakfast foods.

K
  • stanvoodoo
    stanvoodoo Posts: 1,023 Member
    So many options....Greek Yogurt, cottage cheese. Oatmeal, cereal and regular yogurt are good too and you can just add some protein powder to them to up the protein. Egg whites are better than just eggs and again protein powder and some cheese are great add ins'

Another option is the protein shake and/or smoothie.

For protein shakes and powders you want to try and look for ones with less then 200 calories and more than 25 grams of protein. Also check out the fat, carbs and sugar; most are low but not all!!!

You Can Do It!!!
  • RunHardBeStrong
    RunHardBeStrong Posts: 33,069 Member
    Before I leave for work I have a smoothie with spinach, berries, greek yogurt (lots of protein) and milk. You can also add protein powder. Then once I get to work I usually have some eggs.

This is usually my morning routine! I love my smoothie on my way to work it is so good!
  • pitbullmama
    pitbullmama Posts: 454 Member
    I usually have 0 fat greek yogurt with fruit, or a blt made with turkey bacon or some kind of omelette.
  • cottage cheese. If your looking to cut out carbs and want some good protein there isn't many other options that are better.
  • Michelle_M2002
    Michelle_M2002 Posts: 301 Member
    I buy organic nitrate/nitrite free bacon at Whole Foods. It's so yummy. And no guilt.

Eggs and bacon
    Eggs and sausage
    Eggs and canadian bacon

Omelette with cheese from grass fed cows and sauteed peppers and spinach, with come bacon in it.

I love greek yogurt. Mix in a little honey and cinnamon.

Cottage cheese and fruit.

Greek yogurt and fruit sprinkled with some granola or flax seed.

Greek yogurt with fruit and chopped almonds....

I also like to make a breakfast burrito with an SWG hemp tortilla (Ezekial 4:9 makes them).

God bless!
  • martinh78
    martinh78 Posts: 601
    I have started adding cottage cheese to my scrambled eggs and omlettes and it tastes great!! No more grated cheddar for me :p

I am not an oats fan, I hate porridge, but need to look at this again as I do get bored of eggs every day for breakfast. Need to find something I don't need to cook sometimes.
  • brandiuntz
    brandiuntz Posts: 2,717 Member
    I eat yogurt and nuts for my breakfast protein. Sometimes I switch to eggs and sausage. Bacon and sausage can be good sources; you just have to watch the fat and sodium. Keep portion sizes down for them.
  • knittnponder
    knittnponder Posts: 1,954 Member
    I usually do eggs but sometimes I'll add bacon or sausage. I'm a meat eater and do lower carb so I need protein for breakfast. This morning I had leftover Taragon chicken salad with smoked sea salt and toasted almonds. :D I don't *have* to have a breakfast food. Sometimes I'll eat leftover chicken or whatever meat we happened to have for dinner. I also like to make mini quiches
  • During the school year when I'm teaching I have a protein drink every morning. It's quick and easy and I can grab it and drink it on my way in to work. Days off? Hard or soft-boiled eggs. ; )
  • runamym
    runamym Posts: 83 Member
    I have started adding cottage cheese to my scrambled eggs and omlettes and it tastes great!! No more grated cheddar for me :p

I am not an oats fan, I hate porridge, but need to look at this again as I do get bored of eggs every day for breakfast. Need to find something I don't need to cook sometimes.

So do you mix the cottage cheese with the scrambled egg mixture and then throw it in the pan to cook? Hmmm I might have to try that! How much cottage cheese?
  • sugarbone
    sugarbone Posts: 454 Member
    egg and chicken omelet!