So impressed and inspired!

Options
We spent the weekend in Calistoga, Ca this past weekend. On Sunday our friends rode their tandem mountain bike in a 65 miles race through the hills and country side. It took them about 4 hours 55 minutes to complete. There were two women who also rode the same route on single road bikes. All these riders were between 47-50 years of age, I was so very impressed. I was envious of their stamina, dedication and lean bodies. I want so badly to fuel my body rather than feed my thoughts, worries and anxiety. One day I hope to be that comfortable in my own skin, to like something about myself and to NOT worry so dang much. But how do I get there?

Replies

• mandygal13
    mandygal13 Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    One day at a time; one step at a time; one thought at a time.
  • JThomas61
    JThomas61 Posts: 892
    Options
    50 here and getting ready to do a 100 mile endurance ride on Saturday. Its called the Hotter N Hell and is in Wichita Falls Tx. Temp is going to be low 100s for the event. I plan on finishing the race in 7-8 hours.
  • jlewis2896
    jlewis2896 Posts: 763 Member
    Options
    :) Remember that race during every moment of weakness. Let it be your rock!!
  • macantrell
    macantrell Posts: 112 Member
    Options

I love this, especially the one thought at a time.
  • macantrell
    Options
    50 here and getting ready to do a 100 mile endurance ride on Saturday. Its called the Hotter N Hell and is in Wichita Falls Tx. Temp is going to be low 100s for the event. I plan on finishing the race in 7-8 hours.

another HERO, Good job! Love you mileage times listed too! Oh I think I learned this is called a Century, Right?
  • chevy88grl
    chevy88grl Posts: 3,937 Member
    Options

This is awesome!
  • macantrell
    Options
    :) Remember that race during every moment of weakness. Let it be your rock!!

I will remember that too, thanks!